website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

The Italian record is 3.27.51 from 2022. Ceccon, Miressi and Martinenghi can sail at a similar level as then. The problem is that back then we had a decent Burdisso in the dolphin with a time of 50.63 in the flying shift and now he didn't even qualify for the Olympic team. I have no idea how much Razzetti is able to break from his personal best in the flying change but Carini, who will compete in the 200 meters individually, remains an option. To dream of a medal the Italian in butterfly must swim within 51.00 in the flying start, i.e. approximately 51.50 from a regular start - this is not a great time, because QQT World Aquatics is not much worse: 51.67 but someone has to swim within these limits. I`m very sorry that we were not able to train a solid swimmer in butterfly at the 1/2 IO level for 2 years.

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

2 Athletes (1 M + 1 W)

2 Events (1 M + 1 W + 0 X)

:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK

MEN'S

50m Freestyle: Matej Duša

WOMEN'S

200m Individual Medley: Tamara Potocká

Matej Duša

24 years old, 1st Olympics

(M 50m Freestyle)

matej-dusa-matej-dusa-638709.jpg

Tamara Potocká

21 years old, 1st Olympics

(W 200m Individual Medley)

tamara-potocka-clanokW.jpg

Team Staff

Ivana Lange (Team Leader)

Tomáš Trešl :CZE (Head Coach)

3 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

I don't dispute your detective work but if they sacrifice the men's 4x1 like that, I might actually cry. :facepalm:

Picking both him and Jack in that seems a risk too far, especially with Cohoon, Dean and Whittle all being there.

It's right here - they have to list relay only athletes I think in the heats they'll be swimming - this is the 4 x 100 M, with france germany and GBR expanded

image.pngimage.png

Just now, mpjmcevoy said:

It's right here - they have to list relay only athletes I think in the heats they'll be swimming - this is the 4 x 100 M, with france germany and GBR expanded

image.pngimage.png

Now note, this is JUST the heat - perhas the calculate they still have a shout of top 8 even with these two (I might even agree)

1 hour ago, mpjmcevoy said:

image.pngimage.png

Sorry, I realise that I worded my response poorly.

I wasn't disputing what you were saying was true. After you posted I went to the WA website and looked at the various listings. So I wasn't doubting you.

I was just saying that if the GBR coaches actually follow through with that in the 4x100m (as opposed to it just being a place holder/incorrect early form from WA), I might cry. :p

I very much hope I'm wrong but I have serious doubts that a 4x100m team with both of them in it would qualify. Which would be a huge shame as I think that we absolutely would be in medal contention in the final if we got there.

Edited by Epic Failure

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The open water races could still end up not being in the Seine, not because of the water conditions (that seems to have been cleaned up quite nicely), but because of the massively strong flow of water, more than twice as strong as the maximum that's allowed in the rules (1,2 m/s vs 0,5 m/s). Swimmers recently did a test in the Elbe river in Germany at 0,7 m/s and already barely managed to keep going, let alone if it's almost twice as strong.

Hopefully that changes very soon, the main challenge in a 10k race shouldn't be to avoid going backwards :p 

Just move it already! :rolleyes:

It's such a bizarre idea that I can't believe it will happen.

He came 15th in the heats at the British Champs! We'll have 7 other swimmers in Paris who swam quicker than that in the same set of heats!

Edited by Epic Failure

2 hours ago, Epic Failure said:

Sorry, I realise that I worded my response poorly.

I wasn't disputing what you were saying was true. After you posted I went to the WA website and looked at the various listings. So I wasn't doubting you.

I was just saying that if the GBR coaches actually follow through with that in the 4x100m (as opposed to it just being a place holder/incorrect early form from WA), I might cry. :p

I very much hope I'm wrong but I have serious doubts that a 4x100m team with both of them in it would qualify. Which would be a huge shame as I think that we absolutely would be in medal contention in the final if we got there.

No worries, honestly, no offence was taken at all, just thought it was useful to show it on the forum. All good.

the problem is they have to put him somewhere, and anywhere else is a bloody liability too.

Edited by mpjmcevoy