website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, rema said:

@MHSN I think you are wrong about reallocation in 96kg GR. This is the quota from WQT where :GER Lazogianis beat :SRB Kajaia in the quarterfinals. He lost the Olympic wrestle-off match and he should get quota.

oh you are right, :facepalm: I wrote that post very quickly and I knew I most probably made a mistake somewhere :d

The Russian won the quota in Turkey. not in Baku (European Qualifier) and of course the quota goes to Germany as you said. thanks for correcting me.

the only problem with these russian quotas - they were officially accepted by athletes personally

So russians may have a trick: they say that they will not go to the Games but they do not send offucial rejections to prevent these quotas from the reallocatoion

Now it is the worst scenario

former World Champion Khetag Tsabolov who won a bronze for Serbia last year failed a drug test recently and will miss the Olympics

Serbia has no freestyle wrestling. absolutely nobody to replace him. according to some sources here they told their Iranian Greco wrestler Ali Arsalan to prepare himself for the Olympics :d:lol: watching Arsalan trying freestyle will be funny

Confused: Wikipedia says Cuba sends Oscar Pino, but in the flag bearer thread I see Mijain Lopez as flag bearer for Cuba...what's up there?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Confused: Wikipedia says Cuba sends Oscar Pino, but in the flag bearer thread I see Mijain Lopez as flag bearer for Cuba...what's up there?

They will send Lopez and we knew it for months.

Big negative surprise - russians kept freestyle quota in M65 kg

It was not reallocated - so Moldova (Sacultan) did not get it.

It is not clear whether Shamil Mamedov is really going to take part in the games or just did not bother himself to send rejection to the IOC

Posted (edited)

now we have the full list of wrestlers in Greco-Roman. it's easy to make the brackets for top 8 seeds.

all of these guys have to beat an unseeded wrestler first to reach the QF. and some of unseeded wrestlers are much much better.

60kg:

SHARSHENBEKOV (KGZ) vs ARNAUT (ROU) /// FUMITA (JPN) vs MOHSENNEJAD (IRI)

CAO (CHN) vs RODRIGUEZ (VEN) /// CIOBANU (MDA) vs BAKHRAMOV (UZB)

67kg:

JAFAROV (AZE) vs PETIC (MDA) /// NEMES (SRB) vs ISMAILOV (KGZ)

ORTA (CUB) vs ESMAEILI (IRI) /// GALSTYAN (ARM) vs SYLLA (FRA)

77kg:

KUSAKA (JPN) vs VARDANYAN (UZB) /// AMOYAN (ARM) vs PENA (CUB)

SULEYMANOV (AZE) vs LEVAI (HUN) /// MAKHMUDOV (KGZ) vs ZHADRAYEV (KAZ)

87kg:

CENGIZ (TUR) vs MUNOZ (COL) /// BELENIUK (UKR) vs TURSYNOV (KAZ)

LOSONCZI (HUN) vs KOMAROV (SRB) /// NOVIKOV (BUL) vs SID AZARA (ALG)

97kg:

ALEKSANYAN (ARM) vs MEJIA (HON) /// ROSILLO (CUB) vs OMAROV (CZE)

KHASLAKHANAU (AIN) vs VENCKAITIS (LTU) /// SARAVI (IRI) vs SAVOLAINEN (FIN)

130kg:

MIRZAZADEH (IRI) vs COON (USA) /// ALEXUC CIURARIU (ROU) vs NABI (EST)

MOHAMED (EGY) vs LEE (KOR) /// MENG (CHN) vs ACOSTA (CHI)

Edited by MHSN