website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, evil betty said:

I wonder who will replace Hurkacz in the draw, with the time frame it would have to be someone already there wouldn't it?

I began typing an answer moments before you asked the question LOL

On 7/23/2024 at 10:59 AM, Jan Linha said:

The Games haven't started and the weather forecast is already amazing :roflmao: ..... I suppose tennis games will start being moved to other days already from first day. :hairpull:

WhatsApp Image 2024-07-23 at 09.04.25_de99bfd9.jpg

Wouldn't mind a shorter daily schedule and a few delays tbh. The opening days are already severely crowded with many sports and i'm not giving my attention much to tennis, unless there is a special match happening. The players who are making it far won't be playing the Canada Masters either way, so no big deal if it's pushed a bit.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, phelps said:

40+ days ago...

:raspberry:

The problem is that they haven't won anything recently. He lost and FO, he was eliminated 1/4 in Wimbledon... If he had a bit of ambition, he should have used it to win medals at the Olympics. And what does he do? He runs away. Joke. Alcaraz, in turn, recently won a double in the Slams, and yet he is motivated to play in Paris and fight for two gold medals. For me, Sinner will never have the mental of a great champion like Nadal, Djokovic etc. Their additional difficulties make stronger. In case of Sinner weaker and he gives up.

Edited by copravolley

21 minutes ago, copravolley said:

The problem is that they haven't won anything recently. He lost and FO, he was eliminated 1/4 in Wimbledon... If he had a bit of ambition, he should have used it to win medals at the Olympics. And what does he do? He runs away. Joke. Alcaraz, in turn, recently won a double in the Slams, and yet he is motivated to play in Paris and fight for two gold medals. For me, Sinner will never have the mental of a great champion like Nadal, Djokovic etc. Their additional difficulties make stronger. In case of Sinner weaker and he gives up.

Strongly agree with this. Alcaraz will dominate in the years to come. He has the mentality of Nadal and Djokovic.