website statistics

Skateboarding at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Posted (edited)

Yuto Horigome is the clutchest skater of all time. What a fucking legend. Cannot wait for the 2028 final when most of these skaters are performing a few miles from their homes. 

Edited by Book

10 minutes ago, hckošice said:

If anyone would have said me that a guy from Košice suburb with whom I walked daily to my elementary school will be the best European skater at the Olympics and finish in 5th place, I would have probably called a shrink for that guy.

What an absolutely insane result from Tury here. Imagine we have only 2 skateparks in whole Košice (2nd biggest city of the country) and I guess not more than some ten in total in the whole country. Country with no background and absolutely no history in this sport. This result is all and entirely on Richard himself, he went for his dream. Missed Tokyo so closely in the very last race. but did not gave up, continued to work hard, learning from videos from the best and look what he achieved at his 31.

Huge respect man. I remember him as young kid already walking everywhere with his skateboard. but, I would have never guessed I will write such sentences some 20 years later

And he was fourth in a great final. It wasn't handed to him, people were on their game today.

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Day 3

MONDAY 29.07.2024

:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK:SVK

Skateboarding M Street Prelims

2nd Starter in Heat 4/4

8. Richard Tury  257.99

Qualified For the Final

Skateboarding M Street Final

5. Richard Tury  273.98

6b862257-dc39-4d74-be9c-1d079e910689.jpg

This answer from Tury to our main news web :d https://sport.aktuality.sk/letna-olympiada/clanok/oh-pariz-2024-richard-tury-ja-zo-sidliska-povedal-som-si-wau-2024072923143132945

How did you experience the entire Olympics ? What was it like for a boy from Košice to be in the Olympic village ?

When I got there the first day I was like wow, I couldn't stop laughing. There was food from the invention of the world. I like to eat, so I enjoyed it. :lol: I would call it an Olympic vacation. They even extended it to me, as they postponed the race. :p

I enjoyed it extremely, the atmosphere is brutal, the food is incredible. You meet different athletes every day. It's really funny. I, from the Košice suburb, flew for the first time in a Slovak uniform and represented the country. Really, I'm proud of myself and I really appreciate it."