website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would see whether or not that road would take illegal ways according to French law and so if theoretically she could use it, but I'm on my work laptop now and not feeling like risking that Google search :lol: 

I won't either and I'm on my personal phone.

God knows, i wish there was a définitive way to determine the origin of a drug found. I'm so fucking tired of these "the 5 terminal cancer grandma pastas were fed to the family dog of the neighbor which actually happen to be the father of my dead brother' and tada, see, I'm clean.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

I won't either and I'm on my personal phone.

God knows, i wish there was a définitive way to determine the origin of a drug found. I'm so fucking tired of these "the 5 terminal cancer grandma pastas were fed to the family dog of the neighbor which actually happen to be the father of my dead brother' and tada, see, I'm clean.

Yep. One of the few cases where I am at least more open to believing it is in the case someone had sexual relations with a person who can prove they had a certain substance in their body.

Not saying that would or should absolve the athlete of any punishment or something like that, I honestly don't know (and in the end the athlete is still the one responsible), but at the very least I am a little more inclined to believe a story like that (since it's a normal thing for people to do and one can quite easily imagine bodily fluids transmitting substances to some degree) than the cancer medicines that fell in the pasta sauce or grandpas making desserts on the same board they cut their medicines on and bringing it 200km to their grandchild and tadaaa, that explains the doping test.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

22 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yep. One of the few cases where I am at least more open to believing it is in the case someone had sexual relations with a person who can prove they had a certain substance in their body.

Not saying that would or should absolve the athlete of any punishment or something like that, I honestly don't know (and in the end the athlete is still the one responsible), but at the very least I am a little more inclined to believe a story like that (since it's a normal thing for people to do and one can quite easily imagine bodily fluids transmitting substances to some degree) than the cancer medicines that fell in the pasta sauce or grandpas making desserts on the same board they cut their medicines on and bringing it 200km to their grandchild and tadaaa, that explains the doping test.

Theoretically, yes, but we all can see how easy is it to abuse the system.

(and in the last know case, Thibus BF is actually a former olympic fencer, so, yeah...)

1 hour ago, Morten Jensen said:

How can :NZL start i men's K4 500 m?

They've added together their athletes from K2 and C2 to enter the event. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They've added together their athletes from K2 and C2 to enter the event. 

I didn’t even know that was possible :p

Guess you learn something new everyday. 

I may be wrong but as I understand it, they don't care about C2. They missed qualification in K4 so their only option was to easily win the continental quota in C2 and only use it as a tool to field a K4.

• 3 weeks later...

First day of the sprint canoeing and already an eyebrow scheduling. Why have these people put half hour intervals between events, when we have only 2 heats for a minute or so.. The M Kayak 4 was done already in 9:42 and we are waiting 20+ minutes of nothing, because the next event is at 10... And this goes on for the rest too. Morons and i'm dropping this to watch something else.