website statistics

Beach Volleyball at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Just now, bestmen said:

Beach volley should not be olympic , we already have volley ... any sport outside the stadium is not olympic 

Beach volleyball was literally held in a stadium you doofus

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

@hoversaBR congrats! :d

Think that call on Ana Patricia on SP was a bit iffy, very clearly was an illegal push, but it is what it is. 

I can't say I'm sad, but I agree with you. And this isn't something exclusive to this game, unfortunately VW has lost control of this type of action. Bizarre.

4 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

I can't say I'm sad, but I agree with you. And this isn't something exclusive to this game, unfortunately VW has lost control of this type of action. Bizarre.

But it's not illegal, even though maybe it should be? We see this play time and time again nowadays.

16 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

But it's not illegal, even though maybe it should be? We see this play time and time again nowadays.

Well, it's a shame that a rule that causes so much confusion is in operation. But this is the Volleyball World. :evil:

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

It isn’t? :yikes::mumble:

Well then yeah, that rule should definitely get added. 

Sorry to all of the Brazilians on here for mentioning this (again), but this match reminded me yet again that I can’t stand Ana Patricia :rolleyes::facepalm:(she got heated for no reason, actually it looked like it was because Brandie celebrated axing them too loudly, at least I think so)

Anyways this has been the best match the Canadians have played this tournament, by a mile actually, despite losing. And they’re such class acts too :hatoff: (The Brazilians came around to Canada’s bench during their victory lap, and judging by the handshake, the hug, and the smiling and nodding by Ana Patricia when Brandie was talking to you, doesn’t look like there’s any drama)

Happy for :SUI Hüberli/Brunner as well :cheer:

Women's Tournament
Final Results

:BRA Brazil

Ana Patricia Silva Ramos

Eduarda "Duda" Santos Lisboa

:CAN Canada

Melissa Humana-Paredes

Brandie Wilkerson

:SUI Switzerland

Tanja Hueberli

Nina Brunner

Gold Medal Match

:BRA Ana Patricia/Duda  2 - 1  Humana-Paredes/Wilkerson  :CAN
(24, -12, 10)

Bronze Medal Match

:SUI Huebreli/Brunner  2 - 0  Artacho del Solar/Clancy :AUS
(17, 15)

Full Brackets HERE
Full Preliminary Round Results HERE

Fuck it, I know it’s extremely unlikely, but I really hope neither retire and this pairing can stay together for one final Olympics. I just love them both so much :wub:

Edited by Josh