website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

Depends how you count the German medal totals. Most tables don't amalgamate them given that having two countries gave them twice as many athletes as other countries in sports like athletics and swimming. Indeed would modern Germany want to include East German medals given the controversies associated with the way in which they were won?

As for Russia they haven't yet reached the thousand mark although the former Soviet Union did and are second only to the US in the all-time table. 

And this tells the story of why the alltime medal table is a fun thingy for stats fans to kill some time, but nothing to be taken too serious :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Fourth country to reach the 1000th milestone after US, Russia and Germany :yes

How are you defining “Russia” and “Germany” in this context? CCCP was not Russia & are you counting both :GDR & :GER as Germany?  

6 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

Yes, I know. But the person I was replying to was saying we are only on 999. The BOC says we're already passed the 1000. Someone is wrong.

Might be counting the boxing bronze, which strictly speaking is not official yet.

1 minute ago, Epic Failure said:

Take it up with them, not me. :p

I've successfully raised a number of statistical errors with them in the past. They are not always reliable with their numbers even when taking them from their own records.