website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:CAN Mitton and :USA Saunders completely flop in the rain and won't make the last 8.

Who could have predicted that the…err…umm….shall we say…..top-heavy Saunders would not do well in the rain? 

14 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:CAN Mitton and :USA Saunders completely flop in the rain and won't make the last 8.

We're not surprised in Canada. Athletics giveth, athletics taketh away. 

When the men won the relay, after I calmed down, I realized that for sure meant Mitton wasn't going to medal. 

Just now, orangeman said:

We're not surprised in Canada. Athletics giveth, athletics taketh away. 

When the men won the relay, after I calmed down, I realized that for sure meant Mitton wasn't going to medal. 

Mitton's third attempt was good enough for Top 3 with ease but she slipped out of the circle due to it being wet. She needed Allman-like piruette to avoid it.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Mitton's third attempt was good enough for Top 3 with ease but she slipped out of the circle due to it being wet. She needed Allman-like piruette to avoid it.

It's wet for everyone. And it still doesn't explain her first two throws. Whatever, I'm not trying to take her down. I'm just saying, we can't get 10 minutes of celebration in Canada without disappointment.