website statistics

2024 Canadian Olympic Swim Trials Road to Paris 2024

2 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Gonna be an absolute dogfight in the women's 200 free and 100 breast tonight. Can't wait!

I can see us nominating more than four athletes in the 4x200m free relay. I wouldn't be surprised if we sent the top six, assuming they all finish in the low 1:59.xx.

We only have 12 relay only athletes that we can send so that might make things difficult considering we're likely forced to use four for the men's 4x200m relay

1:06.96 for Sophie Angus in the women’s 100m breaststroke… will qualify for the women’s 4x100m medley relay. Disappointing. 

Posted (edited)

Happy for Angus! At least she has the OQT from 2024 world championships so she'll still be able to swim the individual event. and she's been the best relay breaststroker over the last year.

Disappointing times elsewhere though. Though likely two of Pickrem, Wog and Lepage will still qualify through the 200.

Gutted for Branton as that basically confirms she won't be going to Paris

Edited by Topicmaster1010

Swimming Canada needs to change their selection criteria. It’s pretty good, but I would add that if there isn’t two qualifiers for the Olympics in an event then the highest finisher with the OQT will book their ticket on the Canadian team.

Just now, Josh said:

Swimming Canada needs to change their selection criteria. It’s pretty good, but I would add that if there isn’t two qualifiers for the Olympics in an event then the highest finisher with the OQT will book their ticket on the Canadian team.

There are discretionary picks. They might just select one of them anyways, who knows

Just now, Josh said:

Isn't this how it is right now?

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Isn't this how it is right now?

No… 

Basically for you to qualify for the Olympics (the most simple ways), you have to either finish top 2 and reach the OQT, or finish top 2 and have reached the OQT in the qualification period.