website statistics

2024 Canadian Olympic Swim Trials Road to Paris 2024

34 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

Will they add edouard fullum huot for the 100 free since he placed fifth . So he can swim the prelims in Paris?

They might, but they could also use Hussey or Kharun (assuming he qualifies in the butterfly). It's up to our swimming director.

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can MacNeil still be on the relay?

She can be selected by the director as she is already qualified in other events.

With neither MacNeil nor McIntosh competing you pretty much need to finish in the top 4 to make the relay, I doubt the director will select any additional relay-only athletes.

I'm sure he'll go faster tonight, but Kharun just 0.01 off the OQT in the heats. 

Kelsey Wog reached the OQT in the 200 breaststroke. 

Aiden Norman took a second off his PB this morning, but he'll have to take another second off to make the OQT. 

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Oleksiak first in the 100 free qualifiers :clap:

Savard misses the A final and will not make the team. She will likely retire imo.

First with a new SB for Oleksiak! She went 54.43 at the Canadian Open, and now 54.12 here!

5 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Fingers crossed one of the 100 free women can get under the absurd 53.61 OQT or at least the consideration time of 53.88. 

Question, can a swimmer named to the team as a relay swimmer and has the OCT time, start in the respective race? I ask because no OCT qualifier will make it 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Question, can a swimmer named to the team as a relay swimmer and has the OCT time, start in the respective race? I ask because no OCT qualifier will make it 

In this case, it should be fine because whoever gets a OCT in the 100 free will be going to Paris for the relay anyways. It won't affect the quota limit.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Fingers crossed one of the 100 free women can get under the absurd 53.61 OQT or at least the consideration time of 53.88. 

It is absurd. Women made out of the heats with much slower times in Tokyo. Are they just trying to thin the ranks dramatically? 

Edit: Just want to add that 202(1) wasn't particularly slow, either. 5 of the girls went below the OR. Penny broke her own Canadian record/Olympic record from 2016 and finished 4th. 

Edited by orangeman