website statistics

Team GB at 2024 Olympic Qualifier Series Road to Paris 2024

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

Sunni knocked out in last place in his group and most likely won't qualify. Have to say that was one of the worst and most confusing things I've watched in my life. The ones who did the better moves never won for some reason, and the B-Boy who picked the track tended to be the one who won. 

I imagine I'd have a very similar experience if I tried to get into breaking :lol:

1 hour ago, Epic Failure said:

I agree that GBR were great against Tonga.

I worry that Canada struggling past Chile will give RSA an even easier SF task than it could have been.

Canada played quite well against RSA but silly mistakes in scoring positions cost them every single time

7 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

BOA confirming we've qualified full team for sport climbing and 3 for skateboarding - Brown, Tambling and MacDonald

Climbing has exceeded expectations, and with that sneaky men's skateboard quota i'd say the same for skateboarding, shame we didn't get that second BMX spot, and i'm with everyone else is not being too botherd that we didn't get a breaking quota.

Would LOVE the 7's spot, especially as it starts before the opening ceremony so will be something stressful to watch 

Edited by Olympicsnell

5 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

BOA confirming we've qualified full team for sport climbing and 3 for skateboarding - Brown, Tambling and MacDonald

Overall, pretty good outting, couple of frustrating near misses, 1 of which may still 'come in'. Reilly and, probably, Worthington in. Jones very unlucky, but he's probably gone. Lily Strachan has a better chance, I think. GBR will not be involved in Breaking, which is a good result from my window,

Elsewhere, Tom Pidcock once more tore the legs clean off his rivals on the MTB, and a strong show from Evie Richards. GBR have reached the men's 7's final, though I think it's South Africa's to lose. Crunching the numbers last night in the tennis, The first women's pair are in - there is no way to create enough combinations to evict them, but Dart is on the bubble twice over; on the mens side injuries to both Evans and Murray raise the peculiar question of whether it might be better - if it's still possible - to swap them out for Murray Sr and Glasspool who I think would have the numbers to get a doubles space.

Oh, and GBR table tennis paralympians picked up a pair of bipartite invitations.