website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Olympic Qualifier 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh I know I can check the live results myself, but it would be really helpful regardless. 

most users here don't know how to check the arena website instead of not-so-much-user-friendly uww website, I thought maybe you don't know too :d

yes sure

50kg: :UKR:RUS

53kg: :ROU:RUS

57kg: :GER:BLR

62kg: :BUL:RUS

68kg: :POL:RUS

76kg: :HUN:TUR

Edited by MHSN

11 minutes ago, Adriano said:

VELIEVA IS A LEVEL OVER ALL girls here.

But not on the same level as silver medalist from Euro-2024 Tetiana Rizhko who according to rumors is pregnant :wub:

11 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Well, I may be overreacting, but I feel the match was a bit unfair to Hanzlickova. I just feel that :POL Choluj was passive for a bit longer time, never got a 30 second warning. When :CZE Hanzlickova was holding her on the ground, I was expecting it will be scored by more than 2 points. I think there was one moment when both shoulder plates touched the ground. Maybe Czech coach should have taken a challenge. Hanzlickova had a great strategy, but when Choluj scored 14 seconds before the end, it was surely devastating for Hanzlickova and it was hard to get another point. Anyways, I believe she will qualify in May at the world qualification tournament. Still keeping my fingers crossed for her

Anyways, congratulations to Poland for another Olympic quota ✌️✌️

Overall I could agree to be honest with the second part (more points or ends quicker), but girl from Czech for me was more passive than Polish. I hope she will get this quota and start at OG again. Hope she will get nice draw again.

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

Can someone do an overview of the quotas after the session is over? 

Women’s FS 

Quotas 

50 Kg: :UKR & :AIN

53 Kg: :ROU & :AIN
57 Kg: :GER & :AIN

62 Kg: :BUL & :AIN

68 Kg: :POL & :AIN

76 Kg: :HUN & :TUR

AIN quotas from russia are unsure:

Today Irina Vinner (head of russian rhytmic gymnastics and wife of Alisher Usmanov, suspended head of FIE) proposed to have a meeting of a coach council of all sports. This council should decide whether to send athletes to the Olympics or not. Mamiashvili (head of russian wrestling) supported this proposal. In person he sounds like a proponent of participation, and he says that right now they are going to fight for licenses, but it does not mean that they will take part in the Olympics - they will decide later.

26 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

Well, I may be overreacting, but I feel the match was a bit unfair to Hanzlickova. I know, I am not a wrestling judge. But Polish was passive for much longer time, never got a 30 second warning. When Czech was holding her on the ground, it should have been scored by 4 or 6 points. I think there was one moment when both shoulder plates touched the ground. Surprised they did not take the challenge. 

sorry my friend but You are 100% wrong, the officiating in wrestling is not like that.

1) she was never even close to get a fall win

2) you can't challenge the fall/touche call. whatever the mat chairman (and not the center ref) says is final

3) passivity cautions are rare in freestyle, they do that only to break the deadlock, not when someone starts scoring. I mean the Polish girl would get a caution at the beginning of 2nd period (she was already warned at the end of 1st period) but then some actions happened , no need for a caution

4) and there is no extra point for holding someone on the ground! she got 2pts for exposure and that's it. it took almost a minute but that was just "one exposure" 

not even a slightest officiating mistake in that match, nothing even suspicious 

Edited by MHSN

Maria :cry:

Hopefully she can qualify next month, but now she's had 4 quota matches and lost all of them (2023 World Championships semifinal, then bronze match, then Olympic quota match, now semifinal here...). She is 31 yo and planning to retire in Paris, which would be her 4th Olympics, hopefully she can make it there :fingers:

Of course she will be a big favourite for one of the last quotas, and also we don't know what will happen with RUS and BLR who each have a quota in her category already...

We have 53 NOC qualified.

Tokyo we had 61 Nocs.

We miss Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Kosovo, Italy, Latvia, North Macedonia, Peru, Senegal, Korea, Switzerland,

Belarus, ROC

We add new compared to Tokyo: Albania, Australia, Bahrain, Dominicana, Guinea, Honduras, New Zealand, Samoa, South Africa, Venezuela, Norway, 

AIN

For me it is a realistic chance to add Croatia, Austria, Denmark, Italy.

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

sorry my friend but You are 100% wrong, the officiating in wrestling is not like that.

2) you can't challenge the fall/touche call. whatever the mat chairman (and not the center ref) says is final

3) passivity cautions are rare in freestyle, they do that only to break the deadlock, not when someone starts scoring. I mean the Polish girl would get a caution at the beginning of 2nd period (she was already warned at the end of 1st period) but then some actions happened , no need for a caution

4) and there is no extra point for holding someone on the ground! she got 2pts for exposure and that's it. it took almost a minute but that was just "one exposure" 

But she wasn't sure that she should won by fall?

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Thanks for explaining. I understand now better. Sorry I overreacted. I was hoping so much she will win the game so I was trying to find some bugs but there were actually none. Well, the life goes on, I still believe she can make it in Turkey at the Olympic qualifier in May :-) 

14 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Maria :cry:

Hopefully she can qualify next month, but now she's had 4 quota matches and lost all of them (2023 World Championships semifinal, then bronze match, then Olympic quota match, now semifinal here...). She is 31 yo and planning to retire in Paris, which would be her 4th Olympics, hopefully she can make it there :fingers:

Of course she will be a big favourite for one of the last quotas, and also we don't know what will happen with RUS and BLR who each have a quota in her category already...

One of my favourite athletes. I hope she will get this quota (and won't be with our girl in the same draw :D)