website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2024 Broadcasters

23 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Maybe it will be the same here. Or they do it this way: you can watch some olympic streams when you are a MAX user but you can watch all of them when you have sports packet. We'll see...

In the end it won't matter for me, I'll get the sports add-on anyway because I use Eurosport's content many, many hours a week on average so it is easily worth it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Interesting, like every Olympics I will read 250 times a day from Italian fans and not fans that "RAI is shit, they have no SpORts CUltuRe unlike the BBC which shows EvEryThiNg live on free-to-air without interruptions, news, changing channels"...

Also, here on Sky/DAZN there will be 8-10 Eurosport channels during the Games.

4 minutes ago, Faramir said:

Interesting, like every Olympics I will read 250 times a day from Italian fans and not fans that "RAI is shit, they have no SpORts CUltuRe unlike the BBC which shows EvEryThiNg live on free-to-air without interruptions, news, changing channels"...

Also, here on Sky/DAZN there will be 8-10 Eurosport channels during the Games.

I always wonder how national channels can be worse than our NOS. I mean, they do show sports on TV, but they have literal hours a day of studio analysis in between. They switch away from athletics sessions (like skipping semis and so on), to spend 20 minutes talking about a baton exchange of a Dutch relay team in the heats. They switch away from live sports, to see a Dutch athlete receive his or her medal, and so on.

They even literally said that they bring the Olympics with a focus on 'the story', instead of showing sports.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, MatiReimundo said:

For LatinAmerica we have Claro Sports on YT and on website that broadcasts all the streamings for all the sports totally for free :p

It’s not for free, we in Europe are paying for you!  :bones:  Least you could do is send us a bottle of wine.

9 hours ago, hckošice said:

Yep, Archery Ranking Rounds and Shooting Qualifiers (in all events) are the only non-televised events. Everything else will be covered and streamed on MAX. For former Eurosport Player subscribers it will cost thanks to their Redeem Voucher 3.99 EURO/month

Is that something you have read or just assumed based on previous experience? Our Polish TV will supposedly show the shooting qualifiers but I can't really believe that.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, suchyy7 said:

Is that something you have read or just assumed based on previous experience? Our Polish TV will supposedly show the shooting qualifiers but I can't really believe that.

Has never been shown in the past for sure, certainly not at London, Rio or Tokyo which did show everything else..  But archery & shooting qualifiers are truly the most boring sporting events ever devised.  But it’s possible that your TV might send along a camera to cover some of your stars without covering the whole thing. I bet :KOR do that with their archers!

Edited by Grassmarket

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, suchyy7 said:

Simply based on the fact that it is just undoable. The qualifiers will be conducted in larger qualifying shooting range which are not built for TV broadcasts

Edited by hckošice