website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2024

I just voted.

I only loved  my top 1, my second place even though I didn't love it, it was veeeeery good, the contest needs more songs like that.

I have to say it....there is  A LOT  of songs that sounds very similar, including my song, so I'm really worried  jajaja :P 

1 hour ago, ManuCHIL said:

I have to say it....there is  A LOT  of songs that sounds very similar, including my song, so I'm really worried  jajaja :P 

The annual tends to be more "samey" with the songs, but this year does feel incredibly similar. There's maybe half dozen or a few more songs that stand out to me. Everything else is pretty much a blob.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The annual tends to be more "samey" with the songs, but this year does feel incredibly similar. There's maybe half dozen or a few more songs that stand out to me. Everything else is pretty much a blob.

Nice to know it wasn't only me that felt rather blob-ish when listening to the selection :p 

I normally prefer the annual contest though, so this is a first for me, where I'm unimpressed by a huge percentage of entries. 

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

Nice to know it wasn't only me that felt rather blob-ish when listening to the selection :p 

No, I almost couldn't finish my initial listen through. I usually prefer the annual as well, but this feels very "mid." Like, there are NOT a lot of songs I dislike, but there also aren't a lot of entries I find interesting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I almost couldn't finish my initial listen through. I usually prefer the annual as well, but this feels very "mid." Like, there are NOT a lot of songs I dislike, but there also aren't a lot of entries I find interesting.

Excelent summary.

I love my top 5, and there are 10 other songs I liked, however not standout songs. Yeah, so far this edition seems to be one of the better ones when it comes to Annual editions. The lack of unique songs is typical for modern music so there shouldn't be some complaints :d 

On 2/25/2024 at 6:22 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Almost every year I kind of agree with this on one hand, but then I also realize that quite a few of the songs that don't fall in that category are just...rather unappealing to me personally :p (and it's not specifically to do with the genre, I've voted for quite a few different things as well, from sensitive slow songs to pretty loud rough songs and even Croatia's epic piano music)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!