website statistics

Wrestling at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

juddy96

It was a disappointing day, but at least Abdevali saved the day with his bronze.

it's hard to say anything about Sourian, he is still the best technically but his poor physical condition cost him a medal today. he dominated Ota in 1st period but then again ran out of gas in last minute, even though the last call was dubious, they could finish the match 4-4 in favor of Sourian but well... . again he was 7-0 up against Kebispayev in repechage, again made a mistake and got pinned. he just announced retirement :cry: it was really sad to see him saying goodbye like this, one of the best wrestlers of all time. 

as for Abdevali, he lost to stupid UWW rules, Madsen did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that match , the same as Abdevali but at least Abdevali was a bit more active and they punished him for that. since he was more active they gave Madsen the first caution and from then they cautioned both wrestlers one by one and Madsen won because he got the last point. Abdevali was terrible in his repechage match vs Nemes but somehow managed to win the match. but finally he had a god match versus Bacsi to win the bronze. he was a monster in 66kg but in his new weight he was smaller of than everybody. so he should be happy for the bronze.

we won 3 gold medals in Greco-Roman wrestlers back in London, this time I will be happy with just one.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb MHSN:

It was a disappointing day, but at least Abdevali saved the day with his bronze.

it's hard to say anything about Sourian, he is still the best technically but his poor physical condition cost him a medal today. he dominated Ota in 1st period but then again ran out of gas in last minute, even though the last call was dubious, they could finish the match 4-4 in favor of Sourian but well... . again he was 7-0 up against Kebispayev in repechage, again made a mistake and got pinned. he just announced retirement :cry: it was really sad to see him saying goodbye like this, one of the best wrestlers of all time. 

as for Abdevali, he lost to stupid UWW rules, Madsen did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in that match , the same as Abdevali but at least Abdevali was a bit more active and they punished him for that. since he was more active they gave Madsen the first caution and from then they cautioned both wrestlers one by one and Madsen won because he got the last point. Abdevali was terrible in his repechage match vs Nemes but somehow managed to win the match. but finally he had a god match versus Bacsi to win the bronze. he was a monster in 66kg but in his new weight he was smaller of than everybody. so he should be happy for the bronze.

we won 3 gold medals in Greco-Roman wrestlers back in London, this time I will be happy with just one.

It was really heartbreaking for me watching Sourian loosing that repechage match. He was dominating the whole match and just needed to defend his 7-0 lead instead of attacking. He deserved to end his career with an olympic medal. 

Of Course i feel happy for Abdevalli winning the bronze medal, but to be honest he didn't impress me at all. I feel like this will be his last big medal for him. 

Huge dissappointment for us as Bayramov didn't win the Olympic medal:(:facepalm:I was expecting him to be at least in the final but one mistake against Japanese guy in the semifinal ruined everything:cry: We are still waiting for the gold medal and in greco roman we can really count on only Chunayev.:fingers:

9 часов назад, MHSN сказал:

I was very much looking for Bayramov- Sourian semifinal...:(

Lopez through to the final with ease :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I am surprised that both german guys could still win a medal. German wrestlers used to be walk-overs, but now they are competitive and no tourists anymore.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Disappointing day for us. I didn't except anything from Babajanzadeh, but he is even weaker than I thought :facepalm:.

It was the wrong decision from Bana to send him to Rio. I hope we will neer see this guy again.

To be fair to Akhlaghi I have to say that he had a very bad draw and he defeated at least Tahmasebi from Azarbaijan/Iran in Repechage. After that he ran out of gas against the German wrestler and lost 1-1 by caution. To be honest the German wrestler was defending all the time and Akhlaghi was clearly more active, but besides that Akhlaghi didn't show anything. His only tactic is to tire his opponent. 

Edited by ledon

Just saw the bronze medal fight. I have to say, that I didn't get the rules at all. Two athletes standing there, bullying a little bit around and suddenly one was too passive and gets punished?!?

That's too difficult for me :thumbup: