website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Cup 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

I'm just curious....what do you expect someone like Prokopenko to do ? she's been in this sport for over 20 years,should she just retire because of what's going on ? ,this is someone who had to wait 9 years for her olympic medal from Beijing and won world championships late in her career do you expect her to just try to flee her country for.....where exactly ? here in Lithuania  ? sure,i wouldn't mind her finishing her career under our banner,many people would,so that's not really even a possibe option... 

Well I’m that like for biathlon & CC which we see on YouTube, there is still an active Modern Pentathlon Tour within Russia & they are probably making as much money as the international athletes are.  My theory is that when they come back they will have a generation of stars, because right now the Juniors are in the same competition as the Seniors every week

9 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I don't really know the reson, she no longer enjoys the pentathlon and her goal is to finish the Olympic games and stop.

it's not exactly the most lucrative sport out there,it's also not really an easy one,despite everything done to shorten it up,actually that might be part of the issue,she  debuted when laser guns weren't even yet a thing in 2009,for sure the sport could of changed too much for her to enjoy it anymore,not sure what her take on the whole horse debacle is,i know she hated the ride early on in her time because fear of horses,but obviously she got over that later on. 

Edited by Biathlonfan

2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Well I’m that like for biathlon & CC which we see on YouTube, there is still an active Modern Pentathlon Tour within Russia & they are probably making as much money as the international athletes are.  My theory is that when they come back they will have a generation of stars, because right now the Juniors are in the same competition as the Seniors every week

you didn't answer my question....like at all

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Just have no information.

What information do you need ? i'm asking you what  do you think she should do,since clearly you have an issue with her[or any belerussians] competing right now the way things are at the moment 

42 minutes ago, Biathlonfan said:

What information do you need ? i'm asking you what  do you think she should do,since clearly you have an issue with her[or any belerussians] competing right now the way things are at the moment 

It’s an imperfect world, but no, I don’t want them doing anything in Paris except taking a boat trip.

1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

It’s an imperfect world, but no, I don’t want them doing anything in Paris except taking a boat trip.

cool,there still gonna be there and still gonna be competing,likely more belerussians than Russians but oh well that's to be expected.

Meltdown for the ages for :HUN Bence Demeter - came into the last shoot with a 5 sec lead….finished fifth.

:EGY Olympic selection going to be a nightmare - Elgendy won today, Shaban third, Hamed fourth.  

:HUN Balasz Szep got the Silver.

11 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Egypt has 4 male pentathletes that won Medals so far in 3 WC stages :- 

1. Ahmed Elgendy : Gold + Bronze
  2. Mohamed Elgendy : Gold 
  3. Moataz Wael : 2 Silver Medals 
  4. Mohanad Shaban : 1 Bronze 

Don't know how they are going to do it.  Just say winner take all at the World Cup Finals in Bulgaria, but it will be cruel for somebody.  Too late to switch to :JOR!  :thumbup: