website statistics

Swimming at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

DaniSRB

Just now, Canada4thewin said:

I still don't understand how he is allowed to swim at all :facepalm:

There are certain countries that are allowed to do anything.  We just have to accept it.  Needless to say, Canada is not one of those countries (at least not in Summer).  

il y a 2 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

There are certain countries that are allowed to do anything.  We just have to accept it.  Needless to say, Canada is not one of those countries (at least not in Summer).  

So true 

it seems That we don't have the power to do it. :wall:

il y a 3 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

My goodness CBC.  "WATCH THE CLOCK!" and then they go ahead and block the clock with updates.  

Anyway, too bad for Ryan.  Big disappointment (we're used to that in the pool as Canadians).  Hopefully he can rebound in the 1500m.  

Not impressed at all with CBC so far. 

1 minute ago, Canada4thewin said:

So true 

it seems That we don't have the power to do it. :wall:

In London, Park got DQed for a false start in the heats, which allowed Cochrane to temporarily reach the final.  I was living in Korea at the time and all my co-workers angrily told me how it was all a conspiracy by the Canadians and FINA to get Ryan into the final.  I just laughed and laughed.  Like Canada has any influence in swimming.  It's like saying Fiji got a Canadian figure skater DQed.  In the end, Park was reinstated (when he really shouldn't have been).  So, guys, who really has the influence?