website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat

heywoodu

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

She was Queen Consort so far, which i believe is a lower title. Not anymore, after getting the crown at the ceremony.

Yeah, don't let your mom keep deciding your life even after she's dead :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Meanwhile the largest annual circus show in Russia has started in Moscow. Let's see if they have anything left to show that's not either 80 years old or broken by now :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, hckošice said:

:lol:

It’s so interesting that people mostly choose Valley speak to represent the whole US. It definitely shows the power of our entertainment industry in California. To be honest, it’s a moderate sub-section of the state that talks likes this, and it’s definitely played up for television and film.

This series of three videos is very interesting if you haven’t seen it:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

OK, just throwing a hand grenade & running away here.  Starting a war on multiple fronts.

1. Pizza invented in :USA not :ITA, says (North) Italian Prof.

2. Pineapple on Pizza invented in :CAN not :HWI.

3. Correct combination is Pineapple + Canadian bacon, not ham.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12076531/Pizza-know-invented-America-NOT-Italy-declares-Italian-professor-food-history.html

Edited by Grassmarket

Used to work in IT at a University.  It was childishly easy for us to pick up this kind of plagiarism, using software that's specifically designed to detect boilerplate & stereotyped text that has already been used by someone else.

The first student at a UK university has been caught using ChatGPT after they cited a book on 'Leadership Insights for Wizards and Witches' to write an essay on leadership theories.

In what is believed to be the first known case of its kind, the University of Bolton student was failed for using the AI-chatbot to cheat their way through the assessment.

First known student at UK university caught using AI bot ChatGPT citing Wizards and Witches book | Daily Mail Online

Yeah, the language, education, and communications fields really weren’t prepared for this can of worms. A.I. has pretty much dominated the conversations I’ve had on those subjects in the last two months. Some people are encouraging students and professionals to use that technology, while other groups are standing firm against it. Policy is a bit all-over-the-place at the moment. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, the language, education, and communications fields really weren’t prepared for this can of worms. A.I. has pretty much dominated the conversations I’ve had on those subjects in the last two months. Some people are encouraging students and professionals to use that technology, while other groups are standing firm against it. Policy is a bit all-over-the-place at the moment. 

Even years ago there were tons of technical support sites that were obviously machine generated. I never touched them!