website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2023

19 minutes ago, rybak said:

So, late Turkish entrance will not be allowed to compete?

Well, they did enter before a couple juries. Honestly, I don’t mind adding Türkiye, but I’m open to discussion on that.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, they did enter before a couple juries. Honestly, I don’t mind adding Türkiye, but I’m open to discussion on that.

Turkey must be in, it will be a bad antecedent to ban Turkey when their jury put the song before others.

:TUR will be accepted as our 35th jury then :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’m waiting to hear back from one jury, but the entries process should be considered closed.

You can find a playlist of the confirmed entries here: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtTmXa__n29TubuaDNH0_LULajuPzVUi4&si=pblgNS08n_PiV6gK

Voting will likely be opened on Wednesday, instead of Tuesday. There will be an announcement in due course if that is the case.

23 songs survived my first round of judging. 

I think this is the contest where I feel like I recognised the most artists & songs than ever before, so a slight disappointment, since that leaves less space for me to discover something new from all of these countries, but otherwise, quality seems to be present and it will be a tough judging effort.

I might have a top 3, but 4-20 seems like a blur and I definitely need to listen more. 

:wISR: Israel :wISR:

sorry for the late entry but I finally got some time to upload the choice for us, it was important to me to still participate during this truly hard time we are having.

I have selected the song “Shir Shel Yom Hulin”-translated to “A weekday song”this is a song that is played sometimes during memorial days and is well known here.

Thought it’s the more appropriate style of song at the moment 

Lyrics translated:

If I have strings they are vibrating
If I am concerned it is almost revealed
If I have love within me, it will be said silently
If I have roots they lengthen slowly

You see how suddenly I feel a tremor
The wind shifts it's direction frequently
We tried to leave but I know

We are staying one year after the other

Inside your rooms the sun is sketching
Lines and strips of light upon the walls
For you, every morning I collect
Little details, little happiness of a weekday

Are you responding, are you answering me?
Maybe my noise is striking at your ears
Maybe you are listening, maybe we are alike
Yes, suddenly my face is reflected off of yours

If I have strings they are vibrating

If I am concerned it is almost revealed
If I have love within me, it will be said silently
If I have roots they lengthen slowly

This weekday Is a day of grace
And in it's grace these lines are written
Take my hand,make me propitiated
In this weekday our paths cross

Edited by Dnl

Official Announcement

The entries window is now officially closed for the 2023 Totallympics Open International Song Contest. This edition will feature 36 nations, with input 46 jury members. I wish all participating users the best.

To accommodate the entry of Israel, the voting dates have been moved slightly. The host vote window has been pushed a day later to Tuesday, October 10. The voting window for all other juries will now open on Wednesday, October 11. Please check the schedule on the first post for exact timings.

My idea for the team event...

Mixed National Pairs: There would be 18 pairs of two nations. The format would be similair to Mixed Team Skeet/Trap. If a national jury awards points to your nation or your partner, you get a "hit." A perfect score would be 36, with eliminations beginning after the 19th jury votes. The pair with the lowest number of hits would be eliminated from the competition. In case of a tie, the team with the least number of "double hits" (where a jury gives points to both nations) is eliminated. If still tied, the team with the lowest total points is eliminated. 

This format could also be done in teams of three if preferred.