website statistics

Pan American Games 2023

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:ARU could have entered the Mixed Team Air Pistol event if Elhege was gifted a quota on the men’s side…

This is an Olympic qualification event. CONATIRO should honestly find an athlete for all 244 quotas :old:

It makes no sense, id assume they declined? I would assume CONATIRO would have offered the unused spots to all NOC's?

4 minutes ago, intoronto said:

It makes no sense, id assume they declined? I would assume CONATIRO would have offered the unused spots to all NOC's?

It’s been a weird cycle. I definitely feel like interest/entries are down from the last edition. It doesn’t help the qualification process has been mildly confusing at best, in most cases.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s been a weird cycle. I definitely feel like interest/entries are down from the last edition. It doesn’t help the qualification process has been mildly confusing at best, in most cases.

I suspect cost (airfare has really gone up in the last year) + weird timing is at play here.

29 minutes ago, intoronto said:

First official team I got info on:

@Olympian1010:ISV will have 13 athletes. They declined the men's sabre quota in fencing.

Darn, two would have been better than one in fencing. Any idea who will get the reallocation?

The delegation will be noticeably smaller without the basketball teams. Do you which sports they’ll compete in?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Darn, two would have been better than one in fencing. Any idea who will get the reallocation?

The delegation will be noticeably smaller without the basketball teams. Do you which sports they’ll compete in?

:PER is next in line and they accept every quota, so most likely them.

This is :ISV smallest delegation since 2003 :(