website statistics

Athletics 2020 Discussion Thread

Wumo

54 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Thanks :yes I follow the event over the livestream. High jump is after all one of my favourite disciplines in athletics. (Mostly due to being a former high jumper myself in my youth.)

It was my worst jump. I do all three, but man I hated high. Triple was my beautiful baby though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Non-geoblocked Berlin meet on now.

https://www.rbb-online.de/rbbsport/themen/livestream-leichtathletik-istaf-indoor-2020.html

Berlino :wub: is there!  All field events & 60m runs - no 200m track!

Also Glasgow tomorrow afternoon, live on the BBC if you can get it.

https://www.worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-indoor-tour/news/indoor-tour-2020-glasgow-duplantis-fraser-pry

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Non-geoblocked Berlin meet on now.

https://www.rbb-online.de/rbbsport/themen/livestream-leichtathletik-istaf-indoor-2020.html

Berlino :wub: is there!  All field events & 60m runs - no 200m track!

aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! the mixed indoor discus throw! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

hope nobody among the IOC members are watching this! :facepalm:

36 minutes ago, phelps said:

aaaarrrggghhhh!!!! the mixed indoor discus throw! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

hope nobody among the IOC members are watching this! :facepalm:

I heard they’re going to add Mixed Team Javelin to the next Olympics. Teams of 4, two pairs, one throws, one catches.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, phelps said:

realistic? with someone trying to catch the javelin? are you a fan of splatter/snuff movies? or just an extreme sadist? :yikes::hairpull:

I was referring to the "Mixed Team" part of his comment ;) 8 teams,2 throwers per team in knock out system, Quarterfinals to Final will take about 30 minutes, easy to follow - come on, IOC is keen on having such events in the Olympic program!

1 hour ago, LowerSaxony said:

I was referring to the "Mixed Team" part of his comment ;) 8 teams,2 throwers per team in knock out system, Quarterfinals to Final will take about 30 minutes, easy to follow - come on, IOC is keen on having such events in the Olympic program!

OK...instead I mainly focused on the "one throws, one catches" the Javelin part...:yikes:

yeah...better not to give IOC weird ideas, as it looks like they love to make them come true...:facepalm: