website statistics

Boxing IOC African Olympic Qualifier 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

On 9/9/2023 at 4:43 AM, Ogreman said:

Don't have time or probably the knowledge to do an extensive preview on this but I am planning to for the other boxing qualification events so might as well try and predict the qualifiers here if nothing else.

Mens 51kg- Patrick Chinyemba :ZAM     (Mortaji :MAR)

Mens 57kg- Soulaimaine Samghouli :MAR    (Sigauque :MOZ)

Mens 63.5kg- Jugurtha Ait Bekka :ALG      (Commey :GHA,Richarno Colin :MRI, Nadir :MAR)

Mens 71kg- Steve Kulenguluka Mbiya  :COD    (Clair :MRI, Muxanga :MOZ, Zimba :ZAM, Rabii :MAR)

Mens 80kg- Peter Pita Kabeji :COD    (Assaghir :MAR, Ngammissengue :CGO, Orabi Abdelgawwad :EGY)

Mens 92kg- Adam Olaore :NGR      (Kebe :SEN, Houmri :ALG)

Mens 92+kg-  Serge Mvogo Amougou Zacharie :CMR     (Hafez :EGY)

Womens 50kg- Roumaysa Boualam :ALG, Yasmie Mouttaki :MAR     (Ngoune :CMR)

Womens 54kg- Sara Haghigat Joo :SLE, Fatma Abdelkader Hedjala :ALG     (Bertal :MAR)

Womens 57kg- Matshu Marcelot Sakobi :COD, Phiwokule Mnguni :RSA     (Kenosi :BOT, Khouloud :TUN)

Womens 60kg- Hadjila Khelif :ALG, Felistars Nkandu :ZAM     (Amine :MAR)

Womens 66kg- Imane Khelif :ALG (If she is eligible), Alcinda Dos Santos :MOZ    (Brigitte :COD, Gomes Moreira :CPV, Bel Ahbib :MAR). Highest quality women's event here by a mile.

Womens 75kg- Rady Gramane :MOZ     (El Mardi :MAR, Mbata :NGR)

Apologies for any misspelled/ misordered names.

I'll go with your predictions as they are realistic (some different opinion regarding the order but not major)

from yesterday results two surprises:

W 60KG -Felestars :ZAM defeated Nesrin Amine :MAR 3-2

M-71 Maina :KEN depeated Rabii :MAR by KO !!! Rabii is the bronze medalist from Rio and played profissional boxing afterwards!

remaining results are expected

6 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

I'll go with your predictions as they are realistic (some different opinion regarding the order but not major)

from yesterday results two surprises:

W 60KG -Felestars :ZAM defeated Nesrin Amine :MAR 3-2

M-71 Maina :KEN depeated Rabii :MAR by KO !!! Rabii is the bronze medalist from Rio and played profissional boxing afterwards!

remaining results are expected

I fear that the Moroccan delegation will be heavily affected by the earthquake that caused so many deaths and damages in their Country :cry:

I wouldn't even say that their losses are a big upset, given the situation they live right now

Round of 32 and 16 still ongoing for all weight categories, no surprises from yesterday contests.

today is the remaining of round of 16.

tomorrow is off and the quarter final which will be broadcasted on IOC channel (I hope) will start on Wednesday.

following up results is a nightmare, waiting each NOC to announce on their facebook page its athletes results !! ..and you can expect if he/she was defeated nothing posted :bones:

1 hour ago, El Analyzer said:

following up results is a nightmare, waiting each NOC to announce on their facebook page its athletes results !! ..and you can expect if he/she was defeated nothing posted :bones:

Or you could just look here: https://boxing.athlete365.org/2023-africa-qualification-tournament/

Scroll down to “downloadable resources” for results and other info.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or you could just look here: https://boxing.athlete365.org/2023-africa-qualification-tournament/

Scroll down to “downloadable resources” for results and other info.

many thanks, that's very helpful.

do you know if they have live scoring or just PDF results sheet after each session?

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

Is it just me, or are the scheduled streams from Wednesday to Friday not showing up on Olympics.com?

correct, it's not on the schedule list but still showing the tournment link (I hope will be updated on time)

2023 Boxing Africa Qualifier for Paris 2024 - Dakar, Senegal (olympics.com)

Based on Egyptian Boxing Federation facebook page: " IOC said it's unlikely to broadcast the quarter finals on Wednesday, but they  will stream the finals only"

who exactly said that or is he a reliable source? ..no idea !

Edited by El Analyzer

the official Olympic Channel webpage has it written: from quarterfinals on, there will be TV/streaming coverage

I hope they didn't sell what isn't in their wallet :zip:

p.s. last time, they broadcasted all of the qualification tournaments in their entirety...I don't know why this time they can't do it? :mumble: