website statistics

Tennis ITF Wimbledon 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Yeah, US media jumped on Gauff as the "next Serena' after she beat past prime Venus in 2019 and she has like the worst record versus Top 50 ranked players in the Top 10. She is Kirk Cousins of WTA and not Joe Montana but she's regressed enough even ESPN can't really pretend she's anything close to a GS winner. The fact Wimbledon put her on all the posters besides Serena & Steffi Graf is mind-boggling but the hype ain't gonna win you matches. Not to mention Gauff's forehand is tragic and anyone who can play to that side will eventually break it down.

Anyway, major rain delay today, several matches have been cancelled already including Sakkari vs Kostyuk @Makedonas

I even saw an advertisement for Wimbledon a few days ago, I don't remember if it was from Eurosport or ESPN or what, and they had just Djokovic and Gauff on it...

I mean Swiatek, Sabalenka, Rybakina, even Venus Williams I would understand. Gauff though?

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

This is the official 2023 Wimbledon poster. Yikes. At least Alcaraz has won a GS already :p

In case TF people don't know, it's Pete Sampras on far right ;)

F0KbpyiWYAEiF69?format=jpg&name=medium

Who’s the girl second from right? :mumble:

More rain. At this rate some R1 matches won't start until Thursday :crazy:

Wimbledon didn't close the roof on the show courts because they somehow hoped it will only be a mere shower so there's a delay on the roof courts as well. What a shambles. Just fuck with the tradition and put as many matches as you can but I presume those morons living in 19th century will claim the audience paid to see only the best known names so who cares about the rest?

Play has resumed. Looks like those Wimbledon morons finally came to their senses and cancelled all R2 matches on outside courts today so R1 could be completed first.

Meanwhile Darya Kasatkina is into R3 already, losing only two games vs Jodie Burrage.