website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Medal Predictions Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, phelps said:

Italian biggest sports website (OA) full predictions

https://www.oasport.it/2024/07/olimpiadi-parigi-2024-il-medagliere-di-oa-sport-tutti-i-podi-italia-ottava-francia-terza/

once again, imho, :GBR:AUS:GER:KOR:CAN and maybe even :CHN:ITA and :NED have been underestimated, meanwhile :USA and, above all, :FRA have been clearly overestimated

I will be delighted if that prediction comes true for :IND

9 medals with 3 Golds :hyper: Yesss, Please. 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

https://www.oasport.it/2024/07/olimpiadi-parigi-2024-il-medagliere-di-oa-sport-tutti-i-podi-italia-ottava-francia-terza/

once again, imho, :GBR:AUS:GER:KOR:CAN and maybe even :CHN:ITA and :NED have been underestimated, meanwhile :USA and, above all, :FRA have been clearly overestimated

a 22º place and only 14 medals would be considered a national disaster for :BRA. The saddest part is that they can be right (I believe in 20-23 medals, but who knows).

3 hours ago, phelps said:

As you said, Canada is underestimated here. 19 medals would be disappointing for sure. However, although McIntosh's chances are realistic (2-1-1), her being the only swimming medals for Canada is pretty crazy. Not impossible, but a lot would have to go wrong for that to happen. Honestly, I just think media aren't aware of smaller countries and just put big names out there while resorting to the big countries to fill in the gaps. 

2 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

a 22º place and only 14 medals would be considered a national disaster for :BRA. The saddest part is that they can be right (I believe in 20-23 medals, but who knows).

It's hard to believe that Brazil will only win 14 medals and the most absurd thing is that they think we will win 5 medals in Gymnastics (all of them with Rebeca). But the 3 gold medals prediction is spot on (is also my prediction).

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

4 golds 1 silver and 4 bronze is a bit optimistic for Ireland I think, everything would have to work out for us. But I'm willing to accept this scenario now, let me sign the deal :d

Ireland goes into this Games with more genuine shots at gold than possibly ever before - but very few, if any, nailed on, or close to nailed on in a 2012 Katie Taylor/2020 Lightweight double scull kind of way

McCleneghan is a genuine gold shout, but he needs to absolutely nail his routine and hope Whitlock doesn't. If he nails the execution, he should be, in at least, silver. If Whitlock nails his, his D score is just to high to cope with. Of course both could fail and let in the Armenian or even the Jordanian, but it's still a strong shout.

In the boxing, none of the fighters are first seed, but several are seeds, and several more look good dark horses. Could very easily get two golds in boxing alone. could very easily get none (you'll note a pattern)

it's hard to gauge where Wiffen is in the 800 and 1500. He must have a gold shot; he may also well finish fifth.

Rhasidat looks in superb form and the 400 is not as stacked as it might be, but there are still three or four formidable performers, and I think gold is a bit of a long shot - it is not, however, beyond the bounds of possibility.

We always have a shot on the horses, especially in jumping and eventing, and there are genuine gold chances, but only chances, in the rowboats and the sailboats.

Lisa Gillespie also has a puncher's chance in the Omnium, imho. Men's rugby sevens, likewise.

that spread of chances is very unusual for Ireland.

So, yeah, we could win 4 golds, or even more.

We could also win damn all!

Gotta love the 'Lympics

I've not done my total predictions yet but I've done :GBR and came up with 13G, 13S, 33B.

It seems that I was trying not to be too much of a 'homer', but the total number of medals is roughly in line with other predictions - somewhere between 55-60 seems to be what most people are expecting. The breakdown by colour is obviously the great unknown.

42 minutes ago, Epic Failure said:

I've not done my total predictions yet but I've done :GBR and came up with 13G, 13S, 33B.

It seems that I was trying not to be too much of a 'homer', but the total number of medals is roughly in line with other predictions - somewhere between 55-60 seems to be what most people are expecting. The breakdown by colour is obviously the great unknown.

I think such a large number of bronzes is the classic sign of caution. In recent cycles, GBR have usually been a little gold heavy, rather than bronze heavy.

I think 20 golds are well within reach.