website statistics

Women's Field Hockey Tournament at the Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 7 months later...

Pretty frustrating performance by the Canadian women here. Was expecting a leap forward, especially with a new coach (the one who won gold with the British women's field hockey team in Rio). Hopefully they can get their sh*t together for Olympic qualifiers.

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Pretty frustrating performance by the Canadian women here. Was expecting a leap forward, especially with a new coach (the one who won gold with the British women's field hockey team in Rio). Hopefully they can get their sh*t together for Olympic qualifiers.

I expected Canada in 4th place. In my books Chile was firmly in podium at home and USA has been looking improved this year with their LA 28 generation. They defeated Canada 3-0 twice in a friendly series just few weeks ago.

11 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I expected Canada in 4th place. In my books Chile was firmly in podium at home and USA has been looking improved this year with their LA 28 generation. They defeated Canada 3-0 twice in a friendly series just few weeks ago.

Interesting, do you think Chile would have been fourth if the games were elsewhere?

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Interesting, do you think Chile would have been fourth if the games were elsewhere?

No, but playing at home made it certain. They are at their peak of performance right now after a strong showing at the last World Cup and many years under the same staff. May decrease the level from here on though.

I think USA will be a solid 2nd for some time, their team is very young.

Canada's a team that clearly peaked around 2019 with Lima performance + almost olympic qualification. We'll see how they keep going now.