website statistics

Boxing at the Pan American Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Wow shock of the tournament. 2021 world silver medallist Roscoe Hill :USA having done the hard work and beaten Alejandro Claro :CUB and Yuberjen Martinez :COL loses to Yunior Alcantara :DOM with an Olympic spot on the line. The flyweight world qualifying tournaments are going to be ridiculously stacked.

Accidentally posted this early, will update with the rest of the qualifications as the session goes on. 

Women’s 50kg Quotas

:USA Jennifer Lozano

:BRA Caroline Barbosa De Almeida

Women’s 66kg

:USA Morelle McCane

:BRA Barbara Maria Dos Santos

Men’s 51kg

:DOM Yunior Alcantara Reyes

:BRA Michael Douglas Da Silva Trindade

Men’s 63.5kg

:CAN Wyatt Sanford

:MEX Miguel Angel Martinez Ramirez

Men’s 80kg

:CUB Arlen López Cardona

:BRA Wanderley De Souza Pereira

Men’s 92kg

:BRA Abner Teixeira Da Silva Junior

:USA Joshua Timothy Edwards

Bad day from a Canadian Olympic perspective :facepalm:as we went 2-3 today (2-4 if you count Coldwell’s withdrawal) with a pretty much guaranteed win for Tammara Thibeault :hairpull::thumbdown:

Edited by Josh

Olympic Qualifiers (My predictions in brackets)

:BRA - 9 (8)

:USA- 5 (4)

:COL- 3 (5)

:CUB- 3 (4)

:CAN- 2 (2)

:ECU- 2 (1)

:MEX- 2 (1)

:VEN- 1 (1)

:PUR- 1 (1)

:DOM- 1 (1)

:PAN-1 (1)

:ARG-0 (1)

I'll probably do a more detailed breakdown after the finals tomorrow but Brazil go top of the global qualifiers standings after continental stage which just whatever ridiculous number Australia get to come. ( Brazil-9, China/ France-7, Turkey-6, Ireland/ USA/ Algeria-5). USA just about salvaged a solid total with that Josh Edwards win against Fernando Arzola which also condemned Cuba to what must be their worst ever panamerican games boxing performance.

Also if anyone cares I broke 60% on my qualifying predictions 20/30 (66%) and a miraculous 14/16 on the womens side of things and I kinda think I was unlucky to not get a couple more. It's bizarre how much easier predicting these becomes when there are less entries.