website statistics

Women's Volleyball FIVB Olympic Qualification Tournaments 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

There are so many possibilities, that it’s hard to say for certain. But the most likely scenario seems to be that Canada ties for 2nd on wins, but loses out on points. I can even see a scenario where 3 or 4 teams end with a 5 - 2 win - loss score. That would probably not be good news for Canada

Serbia loses, 3 -1, 25-17 in the 4th set.

How the Dominicans will rue their defeat against the Czechs. Without it, they would have a 5 - 0 record, and qualifying would have been possible even with defeats in the last two matches and one victory would have clinched it. Now to be in with a chance, they have to win at least 1 match.

Edited by Noorderling29

For NL and Chn: win your last three matches, and you are qualified, win two you stand a significant chance (depending on who you defeat and with what score). Two defeats and you are most likely out. Three defeats and out for certain. 

For SER and DR: win both your last matches and you are qualified. Win one and you are still in with a significant chance (depending on who and how). Two defeats, you’re most likely out.

Can: win your last 3 matches 3-0 or 3-1, and hold your opponents to low scores. Then hope for the best so that as few as possible of the 4 rival teams end at 6-1 or 5-2. Even then the odds are not terrific.

Edited by Noorderling29

25 minutes ago, james89 said:

I’m not giving up on Canada’s chances here because nothing in this tournament has gone according to script so far 😂

Wish I had your optimism. With that Dominican Republic win against Serbia it pretty much killed our OQT chances.