website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Men's Final After Fencing Round

1) :HUN Bence Demeter 23V - 240 pts

2) :EGY Mohanad Shaban 22V 235 pts (Quota)

3) :GBR Jo Choong 22V 235 pts (Quota)

4) :CHN Zhang Linbin 22V - 235 pts

5) :EGY Mohamed Elgendy 22V - 235 pts

6) :FRA Valentin Belaud 21V - 230 pts

7) :KOR Lee Jihun 21V - 230 pts

8) :KOR Jung Jinhwa 21V - 230 pts

9) :KOR Jun Woongate 21V - 230 pts

10) :MEX Emiliano Hernandez 21V - 230 pts

11) :GER Marvin Dogue 18V - 215 pts (Quota)

12) :HUN Csaba Bohm 18V - 215 pts (Quota)

13) :GBR Myles Pillage 18V - 215 pts

14) :EGY Ahmed Elgendy 17V - 210 pts

15) :GBR Charles Brown 16V - 205 pts

16) :UKR Roman Popov 16V - 205 pts

17) :CZE Martin Vlach 15V - 200 pts

18) :ITA Giorgio Malan 15V - 200 pts (Quota)

1 hour ago, Illya said:

Who the hell is Roman Popov? 

I'm just kidding, he is our obvious biggest hope for future years. BUT how he can serve so much power in laser-run? 

It means that Popov try to fight for Olympic quota tomorrow, and who knows, maybe it will be other big sensation :hyper:

He did so great. I was in the stadium today and whole Ukrainian delegation sat next to me cheering and loosing their minds over Popov's performance.

Time to talk horses.....because I've either spent way too much time looking into the Modern Pentathlon :wall:or I've pledged to help the French government out by reducing their current excess wine lake :toast:

42 horses were included in the initial line up for the Jumping Test. These will be reduced to 18 selected and 4 reserves. Of the 42, 4 were either withdrawn or failed to finish the course so will be unlikely to be selected for use in the final. Add to that, one was way faster than the rest of the field so probably won't get used and there were a fair few who basically knocked every possible pole down. 

So although I don't take part in any of the prediction contests, I am going to take a stab at predicting the horses that will be used for the finals

Tonka - 1 refusal and 1 knock down in the jumping test. Used 3 times in 2022 British Championship and had 11 faults, 33 faults and an elimination. Probably one to avoid.

Arthur - Clear round in jumping test. Used 3 times in in 2022 BC and had single pole down each time. One of the best horses in the field.

Rupert - 1 fence down in test. Used twice in 2022 BC and brought down 2 poles each time so not a disaster.

Layla - Quicker than most of the field so may not be selected but she brought down 2 poles, so decision could go either way. Probably not a disaster if drawn.

Verdi - Another quick round, but not error free having brought down a pole in jumping test. Again, not a disaster if drawn.

Oscar - Good draw - just the one pole down in the jumping test and set a good pace.

Kitty - A bit slower than some of the other horses in the field, but only had 1 pole down so most riders would be happy with the draw.

JB - Clear round in the jumping test but a little bit slower some of the others in the field but a good draw nonetheless.

P - Single fence down in a steady pace so definitely worse horses in the field.

Gracie - 2 fences down and a refusal in the jumping test would suggest this would be one to avoid.

Daisy - Single refusal and quite slow. Good riders could probably nurse her round safely but equally could be dangerous.

Star - 1 fence down in jumping test but racked up bigger scores when used in 2022 BC Open. Probably one to avoid if possible.

Branston - a refusal and a knockdown in the jumping test - so not a disaster, but equally probably not one you would celebrate drawing.

Genius - 2 fences down in the test. Not a bad selection.

Jimmy - Single fence down so with good handling, could go clear. Likely to be regarded as a good draw.

Roland - 2 fences down towards the end of the test could raise questions on stamina. Probably one to avoid.

William - 2 fences down in the jumping test so whilst not a disaster if selected, there are stronger options in the field.

Cruise - Similar card to William above so not a disaster but not the best.

Roo - Dropped the first pole and then went clear so should be regarded as a good draw.

Derwin - Clear round in steady pace - would be very pleased if selected.

Miller - 1 fence down towards later stages of the test so could produce a decent round.

Jack - As Miller above, 1 fence down in the test so no reason to think couldn't produce a good round.

Clarke - Had a refusal and a knockdown in the test so would probably be one to avoid if possible.

11 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

I should have put a caveat in previous message on the likelihood of qualifying via rankings - it is still very early days (I think there have only been counting events and they have tended to favour European nations)

Natalia Dominiak - Probably your best chance of quota in the women's event. She is currently ranked 22 in the world and has had a couple of good results in 2023 - 12th in World Cup Final and 11th in Budapest World Cup so the fact that she didn't make it out of qualifying at the World Champs this week is a bit of a surprise. If she can replicate her form in the 2024 World Cup season, then she should be well placed to qualify. 

Oktawia Nowacka - Difficult to make a call as she doesn't have a lot of recent competition experience to make the judgement on. She didn't do much at European Games (37th) or the Poland Challenger Event (24th). So I guess it could happen but I would be surprised. 

If you're aiming for 2 quotas on the women's side, I think your best chances are going to be through Dominiak and Maliszewska. 

Sebastian Stasiak - Currently Polish number 2 (behind already qualified Lukasz Gutkowski) is ranked 39th in the world. He had a good Cairo World Cup leg but had to withdraw from the World Champs during qualifying which is going to hit his Olympic Ranking but he should still be able to get himself into a qualifying position. 

Kamil Kasperczak - Ranked 60 in the world but hasn't really put in any stellar performances this year that would suggest that a quota spot is likely. 

I think you're going to end up with a repeat of your 2021 quotas - Gutkowski and Stasiak

Thanks for that. I know its still long time to close ranking, I just wanted know what I can expect from our athletes in next months :)

in women competition I have more than 6 to go for, very difficult:

Elena Micheli :ITA 

Laura Asadauskaite :LTU 

Mariana Arceo :MEX

Michelle Gulyas :HUN 

Jessica Varley :GBR 

Ilke Ozyuksel :TUR 

I can add more :p

Actually would be much easier to predict who wouldn't win this competion, much shorter list :d

8 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Time to talk horses.....because I've either spent way too much time looking into the Modern Pentathlon :wall:or I've pledged to help the French government out by reducing their current excess wine lake :toast:

42 horses were included in the initial line up for the Jumping Test. These will be reduced to 18 selected and 4 reserves. Of the 42, 4 were either withdrawn or failed to finish the course so will be unlikely to be selected for use in the final. Add to that, one was way faster than the rest of the field so probably won't get used and there were a fair few who basically knocked every possible pole down. 

So although I don't take part in any of the prediction contests, I am going to take a stab at predicting the horses that will be used for the finals

Tonka - 1 refusal and 1 knock down in the jumping test. Used 3 times in 2022 British Championship and had 11 faults, 33 faults and an elimination. Probably one to avoid.

Arthur - Clear round in jumping test. Used 3 times in in 2022 BC and had single pole down each time. One of the best horses in the field.

Rupert - 1 fence down in test. Used twice in 2022 BC and brought down 2 poles each time so not a disaster.

Layla - Quicker than most of the field so may not be selected but she brought down 2 poles, so decision could go either way. Probably not a disaster if drawn.

Verdi - Another quick round, but not error free having brought down a pole in jumping test. Again, not a disaster if drawn.

Oscar - Good draw - just the one pole down in the jumping test and set a good pace.

Kitty - A bit slower than some of the other horses in the field, but only had 1 pole down so most riders would be happy with the draw.

JB - Clear round in the jumping test but a little bit slower some of the others in the field but a good draw nonetheless.

P - Single fence down in a steady pace so definitely worse horses in the field.

Gracie - 2 fences down and a refusal in the jumping test would suggest this would be one to avoid.

Daisy - Single refusal and quite slow. Good riders could probably nurse her round safely but equally could be dangerous.

Star - 1 fence down in jumping test but racked up bigger scores when used in 2022 BC Open. Probably one to avoid if possible.

Branston - a refusal and a knockdown in the jumping test - so not a disaster, but equally probably not one you would celebrate drawing.

Genius - 2 fences down in the test. Not a bad selection.

Jimmy - Single fence down so with good handling, could go clear. Likely to be regarded as a good draw.

Roland - 2 fences down towards the end of the test could raise questions on stamina. Probably one to avoid.

William - 2 fences down in the jumping test so whilst not a disaster if selected, there are stronger options in the field.

Cruise - Similar card to William above so not a disaster but not the best.

Roo - Dropped the first pole and then went clear so should be regarded as a good draw.

Derwin - Clear round in steady pace - would be very pleased if selected.

Miller - 1 fence down towards later stages of the test so could produce a decent round.

Jack - As Miller above, 1 fence down in the test so no reason to think couldn't produce a good round.

Clarke - Had a refusal and a knockdown in the test so would probably be one to avoid if possible.

So you could be in a pickle if you draw Branston? 😊

Sorry. 🙄