Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Semi-Final A - Result

1) :MEX Emiliano Hernandez - 1203 pts

2) :CZE Martin Vlach - 1203 pts

3) :GBR Charles Brown - 1202 pts

4) :CHN Zhang Linbin - 1202 pts

5) :EGY Mohanad Shaban - 1202 pts (Quota)

6) :EGY Ahmed Elgendy - 1202 pts

7) :GER Marvin Dogue 18V - 1200 pts (Quota)

8) :KOR Jung Jinhwa - 1200 pts

9) :HUN Bence Demeter - 1200 pts

Strong run by :CZE Vlach - 13 seconds quicker than the rest of the field and moves him comfortably into qualifying spot. :HUN Demeter in contrast was one of the slowest in the run but had enough of a cushion to hold on to last qualifying position. 

Lol. Nine competitors covered by three points. 🤔

Just now, Nickyc707 said:

Lol. Nine competitors covered by three points. 🤔

This happens in qualifications,  sometimes when athletes guarantee qualifying they hold each other hands on finish line and cross the line at the same time and thus u will find tied athletes , but in the final it's very much different story just like athletics sometimes

4 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

This happens in qualifications,  sometimes when athletes guarantee qualifying they hold each other hands on finish line and cross the line at the same time and thus u will find tied athletes , but in the final it's very much different story just like athletics sometimes

Seems very risky if they did this when they only finished two pts clear of the 10th placed athlete.

Semi-Final B After Fencing Bonus Round

1) :KOR Lee Jihun 21V +10 - 240 pts

2) :GER Patrick Dogue 22V - 235 pts

3) :GBR Jo Choong 22V - 235 pts (Quota)

4) :EGY Mohamed Elgendy 22V - 235 pts

5) :FRA Valentin Belaud 21V - 230 pts

6) :KOR Jun Woongate 21V - 230 pts

7) :EGY Eslam Hamad 16V +16 - 221 pts

8) :CZE Jan Kuf 18V - 215 pts

9) :HUN Csaba Bohm 18V - 215 pts (Quota)

Edited by Rafa Maciel

Semi-Final B After Swimming

1) :KOR Lee Jihun - 544 pts

2) :GBR Jo Choong - 542 pts (Quota)

3) :KOR Jun Woongate - 539 pts

4) :GER Patrick Dogue - 533 pts

5) :EGY Mohamed Elgendy - 532 pts

6) :GBR Myles Pillage - 531 pts

7) :HUN Csaba Bohm 18V - 527 pts (Quota)

8) :FRA Valentin Belaud - 527 pts

9) :EGY Eslam Hamad - 523 pts

Who the hell is Roman Popov? 

I'm just kidding, he is our obvious biggest hope for future years. BUT how he can serve so much power in laser-run? 

It means that Popov try to fight for Olympic quota tomorrow, and who knows, maybe it will be other big sensation :hyper:

Edited by Illya

Semi-Final B Result

1) :EGY Mohamed Elgendy - 1211 pts

2) :KOR Jun Woongate - 1210 pts

3) :KOR Lee Jihun - 1210 pts

4) :HUN Csaba Bohm 18V - 1209 pts (Quota)

5) :UKR Roman Popov - 1208 pts

6) :ITA Giorgio Malan - 1207 pts

7) :GBR Myles Pillage - 1207 pts

8) :FRA Valentin Belaud - 1206 pts

9) :GBR Jo Choong - 1206 pts (Quota)

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Thanks, and to conclude my curiosity. How big chances to qualify via ranking have Kasperczak, Stasiak, Nowacka and Dominiak?

I should have put a caveat in previous message on the likelihood of qualifying via rankings - it is still very early days (I think there have only been counting events and they have tended to favour European nations)

Natalia Dominiak - Probably your best chance of quota in the women's event. She is currently ranked 22 in the world and has had a couple of good results in 2023 - 12th in World Cup Final and 11th in Budapest World Cup so the fact that she didn't make it out of qualifying at the World Champs this week is a bit of a surprise. If she can replicate her form in the 2024 World Cup season, then she should be well placed to qualify. 

Oktawia Nowacka - Difficult to make a call as she doesn't have a lot of recent competition experience to make the judgement on. She didn't do much at European Games (37th) or the Poland Challenger Event (24th). So I guess it could happen but I would be surprised. 

If you're aiming for 2 quotas on the women's side, I think your best chances are going to be through Dominiak and Maliszewska. 

Sebastian Stasiak - Currently Polish number 2 (behind already qualified Lukasz Gutkowski) is ranked 39th in the world. He had a good Cairo World Cup leg but had to withdraw from the World Champs during qualifying which is going to hit his Olympic Ranking but he should still be able to get himself into a qualifying position. 

Kamil Kasperczak - Ranked 60 in the world but hasn't really put in any stellar performances this year that would suggest that a quota spot is likely. 

I think you're going to end up with a repeat of your 2021 quotas - Gutkowski and Stasiak