website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

7 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Hmm - Not sure what happened there. Looks like they posted an update for group C because I see Ismail is now listed as qualified whereas previously she was below the cut. Also Germany now showing 3 qualifiers and Poland and Turkey down to only 1 but all the changes seem linked to group C 

I think was a bug or mistake, Ismail qualified while Amira Kandil failed to qualify from :EGY team

2 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

my guess for the final:

3X :LTU:HUN 

2X :GBR:ITA:FRA:EGY:KOR 

1 X :CZE:GER

:MEX & :TUR could qualify only if the made good fencing round 

sorry :POL 

of course Equestrian can change everything up side down

there's no Riding in Semis as well , so i predict Salma Ayman and Malak Ismael to qualify to the Finals 

You maybe right my friend, last W CH there are no riding events in semi finals, however in the recent world cups and world cup final there was riding, don't know which format they will adopt this time 

I agree with you Malak and Salama are the most complete athletes for :EGY ..Haydy usually had troubles in laser run, she improved her run a little bit but still her shooting is too slow 

19 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

You maybe right my friend, last W CH there are no riding events in semi finals, however in the recent world cups and world cup final there was riding, don't know which format they will adopt this time 

Just checked the schedule for the rest of the competition - definitely no riding in the semi-finals

anybody knows what would be the format for Olympics?

this is the schedule

Date Event Time (ET)
August 8 Men's Fencing Ranking Round
Women's Fencing Ranking Round
5a-11:30a
August 9 Men's Semifinal 7a-1p
August 10 Women's Semifinals
Men's Final
3:30a-9:30a
11a-1:30p
August 11 Women's Final 5a-7:30a

but Men semi final on IOC website is Fencing bonus round, swimming and riding ...(doesn't say if 18th would qualify to final or all 36)

then final is Laser Run the day after!! ..how come this would help with the 90 min easy follow format ?? ..am I missing something?

20 minutes ago, El Analyzer said:

anybody knows what would be the format for Olympics?

this is the schedule

Date Event Time (ET)
August 8 Men's Fencing Ranking Round
Women's Fencing Ranking Round
5a-11:30a
August 9 Men's Semifinal 7a-1p
August 10 Women's Semifinals
Men's Final
3:30a-9:30a
11a-1:30p
August 11 Women's Final 5a-7:30a

but Men semi final on IOC website is Fencing bonus round, swimming and riding ...(doesn't say if 18th would qualify to final or all 36)

then final is Laser Run the day after!! ..how come this would help with the 90 min easy follow format ?? ..am I missing something?

naaa...the Olympic format is the same of the European Games

semifinals would consist of 2 heats with 18 players each, so the final (on 1 single heat, of course)*

in the semis there are the fencing bonus round, swimming and laser run (most likely no riding), in the final there will be also the riding before the final laser run

*they might also split the players in 3 heats of 12 in the semis

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

naaa...the Olympic format is the same of the European Games

semifinals would consist of 2 heats with 18 players each, so the final (on 1 single heat, of course)*

in the semis there are the fencing bonus round, swimming and laser run (most likely no riding), in the final there will be also the riding before the final laser run

*they might also split the players in 3 heats of 12 in the semis

makes sense ...means that IOC day by day full schedule requires some updates as it mis-leading :

the following are qquoted from the day by day schedule:

8th Aug :

• Modern pentathlon: 1100-1730: M/W fencing ranking round
  • 9th Aug:
  • Modern pentathlon: 1300-1900: M swimming, fencing bonus round, riding
  • 10th Aug:
  • Modern pentathlon: 0930-1530: W swimming, fencing bonus round, riding; 1730-2000: M laser run final
  • 11th Aug:
  • Modern pentathlon: 1100-1330: W laser run final

very badly written 

yeah, it's not correct, they should fix the whole schedule

what they indicate as laser run final in fact is the full final session (with all the 4 elements), meanwhile the 6 hour sessions are the semifinal heats (and from this it's impossible to understand if they will go for the 2 18-player heats or the 3 12-player heats)

the only correct info is the fencing bonus rounds on day #1 of the sport (Aug. 8th)