website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2023

11 minutes ago, Hipooo said:

I can't wait on tomorrow contest!!! TAISC fever is starting. How about you? :clap::hyper:

Excited as well.

Sadly I very likely will not be here for the morning session, but already looking forward when I will join the show afternoon :yes

Any ideas for the Team Event format? I had this but I don't really like it, so it would be great if we can find a good format.

For each session, teams get points according to their position in that Session (doesn't matter if the first team scored 70 or 45 points, just the ranking). Each team can have one discard per Session (two for Madrid and Barcelona because of having 5 nations), so the points of the first 3 nations of each team are added to have the overall score of the Session. The scoring nations may vary between sessions (if Nation A is the discard of the team in Session 1, Nation A can still score points for the team in Sessions 2-4) and the final score would be the sum of the four Sessions.

The reason why I don't like it is because I find the system a little bit pasive (just an update at the end of each Session). To make it more interesting maybe we could add power-ups (at the beginning of the Session, one user could randomly pick one card that would impact the Session. There would be 4 cards, one per session. 2 of them will have no consequences, 1 will double the points obtained during the Session and the last one will consider the 4 best nations of the team for the overall score of the team instead of the top3 as usual).

Another option to make it more dynamic would be to include bonus points at the end of the event. For example, the best 3 teams in several categories (highest streak of juries receiving a combined 10 points, most points scored from a single jury...) would be awarded additional points. We can have 4 categories and have all of the them give points or maybe use the format of Mario Party games where one category is randomly selected and it's the only one to give extra points (but we wouldn't know which one until the Closing Ceremony).

Edited by Cobi

21 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Yeah. Having a timezone that doesn't match the solar time is one of the reasons why we have a different schedule compared to the rest of Europe. For example in Spain we usually have lunch at 14:30-15:30 and dinner at 21:00-22:00.

The discussion about changing the timezone or not is relatively popular here and it will probably happen at some point in the future. 

I imagine is even more weird to Galicia no? They are literally in the same latitude as Portugal and yet one hour ahead of us 

19 hours ago, Cobi said:

• Fideuà: A seafood dish made with short noodles, similar to paella, but with noodles instead of rice.
  • Botifarra: A type of sausage made with pork and spices, often served grilled or as part of a stew.
  • Crema catalana: A creamy dessert similar to crème brûlée, flavored with cinnamon and lemon zest.

Those three… so many good memories of catalunya! But also pa i tomaquet was very popular I remember.

And the parents of one of my friends used to make fideua but with meat instead of seafood…. delicious!!

Just now, kungshamra71 said:

I imagine is even more weird to Galicia no? They are literally in the same latitude as Portugal and yet one hour ahead of us 

Yes, they are usually the ones pushing harder for change. On the other hand we have the two Archipelagos. Balearic Islands likes the current time zone because of their geographical location and the Canary Islands like it because being one hour behind the Peninsula means free publicity (in radio shows aired nationwide when mentioning the time the host always says "Son las 18:00, una hora menos en Canarias" which means "It's 6 o'clock, one hour less in the Canary Islands").

1 minute ago, Cobi said:

Yes, they are usually the ones pushing harder for change. On the other hand we have the two Archipelagos. Balearic Islands likes the current time zone because of their geographical location and the Canary Islands like it because being one hour behind the Peninsula means free publicity (in radio shows aired nationwide when mentioning the time the host always says "Son las 18:00, una hora menos en Canarias" which means "It's 6 o'clock, one hour less in the Canary Islands").

I was a big fan of cadena dial (don’t judge me haha, but they were the ones that always were passing Spanish music and this was in a pre-youtube era and at that time it was the only way to listen to Spanish songs when traveling through Spain ) so that sentence is really stuck in my brain forever xD

43 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Excited as well.

Sadly I very likely will not be here for the morning session, but already looking forward when I will join the show afternoon :yes

It means our online Czechoslovakian battle will start in the afternoon? So sad!!! :( 

26 minutes ago, Cobi said:

Another option to make it more dynamic would be to include bonus points at the end of the event. For example, the best 3 teams in several categories (highest streak of juries receiving a combined 10 points, most points scored from a single jury...) would be awarded additional points. We can have 4 categories and have all of the them give points or maybe use the format of Mario Party games where one category is randomly selected and it's the only one to give extra points

I'd like this bonus points, but after each session.

For example, most points scored by a single jury in each turn, awards 5 extra points, even in case of a tie.

Same for entry with longest streak in each segment, 5 extra points even if 3 or more get that bonus.

6 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I'd like this bonus points, but after each session.

For example, most points scored by a single jury in each turn, awards 5 extra points, even in case of a tie.

Same for entry with longest streak in each segment, 5 extra points even if 3 or more get that bonus.

I like this better. For the scoring I'm not sure if just give 1 point per position (i.e 1st place of the session gets 38 points and 38th place gets 1 point) or maybe incremental (1 point difference for 17-38th, 2 points difference for 9-16th and 4 points difference for 1-8th).