website statistics

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread

RobtheAggie

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Exactly. I found the workaround already: don't do it.

So then how do we let transgender athletes compete?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

IBU seems to want an e-sports division...

Laser Rifles wouldn’t kill biathlon by the way, and we don’t know because we haven’t opened ourselves up to trying.

You don't have to change every single sport there is. Like I've said, change isn't always better and making a change for the sake of the change is just nonsensical IMO.

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

My crystal ball has seen the future! :cheer:

Then again, top nations wouldn't like to see smaller nations suddenly becoming players so they would oppose that IMO. It's happening in ski jumping already. We used to have 13-14 teams in the 00s, now they can barely enter 9Russia

And I’ve stuck my crystal dick into the vagina of truth, but that doesn’t mean that I all-of-sudden know untested future outcomes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's simple. We don't :p

Biathlon is core to only few countries, mostly in Europe. Transgender athletes are not a problem esp. you have to shoot well enough to make a run.

It's a problem for global sports like athletics or swimming. But biathlon? Nah...

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

You don't have to change every single sport there is. Like I've said, change isn't always better and making a change for the sake of the change is just nonsensical IMO.

I don’t believe that it’s sake for the sake of change. Sports aren’t permanent, they change overtime. It’s okay for me to want to try new things to see if it improves a sport. 

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'm not in favour of an 'open competition' (open only if you prove you're a transgender? That doesn't seem like a good idea) and not in favour of women who were born men competing in the women's categories. Since I'm sure the other options will lead to more angry reactions and whatnot, I'll refrain from commenting until we've got ourselves a transgender biathlete.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t believe that it’s sake for the sake of change. Sports aren’t permanent, they change overtime. It’s okay for me to want to try new things to see if it improves a sport. 

Biathlon is doing just fine. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!