website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Great. Now I have to watch “The Witcher” since critics killed it, and the gamers loved it. I’ve played a little bit of Witcher 3, but I’ll be going in essentially blind.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What a decade :wub:. I’ve seen 70% of the films in this montage. There’s a few notable exceptions that I hopefully get the time to watch soon.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Seeing the new Star Wars in two hours time. I’m really worried that I’m going to hate it. I write a full review later tonight, I’ll put it all under spoilers, so that I don’t completely ruin the movie for anyone.

On 21/12/2019 at 09:03, Olympian1010 said:

Great. Now I have to watch “The Witcher” since critics killed it, and the gamers loved it. I’ve played a little bit of Witcher 3, but I’ll be going in essentially blind.

Obviously since the original is Polish I watched the original series from 2001 back in the day and man, that sucked ass big time. Polish cinema has never made fantasy movies (it still doesn't) and it showed. Rubber dragons & foam rocks, man that was hilariously bad. Now some of our critics claim it's not that bad but almost 20 years have passed so it's a bit of nostalgia amid the Netflix version.

The original actress who played the Yennefer part was 42 years old then, Netflix has cast a girl aged 23 but yeah, it's America and they target the youngsters with this series?

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Seeing the new Star Wars in two hours time. I’m really worried that I’m going to hate it. I write a full review later tonight, I’ll put it all under spoilers, so that I don’t completely ruin the movie for anyone.

It wasn’t terrible, it didn’t suck. It gave a acceptable ending to the trilogy. The special effects should win an Oscar. Overall 8/10. There’s your spoiler free review courtesy of Olympian1010.

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It wasn’t terrible, it didn’t suck. It gave a acceptable ending to the trilogy. The special effects should win an Oscar. Overall 8/10. There’s your spoiler free review courtesy of Olympian1010.

The trilogy ended in 1983 IMO. The rest is just milking money from the original success. No wonder all the prequels & sequels usually suck so badly. The special effects are lipstick on a pig. What are the odds in 15-20 years time we'll have a Star Wars reboot again? It's basically unavoidable given how Hollywood has run out of fresh ideas lately.

23 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The trilogy ended in 1983 IMO. The rest is just milking money from the original success. No wonder all the prequels & sequels usually suck so badly. The special effects are lipstick on a pig. What are the odds in 15-20 years time we'll have a Star Wars reboot again? It's basically unavoidable given how Hollywood has run out of fresh ideas lately.

The original trilogy did, yeah ;)

It's in the word, afterall :p

49 minutes ago, Agger said:

The original trilogy did, yeah ;)

It's in the word, afterall :p

Hey, Rambo 5 is in the works too, right? It's not about the Star Wars, it's a general flaw of the movie industry. They're selling three day old fish as the new fish soup. Woeful. Imagine what kind of trash they will revive in the next 20 years :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Hey, Rambo 5 is in the works too, right? It's not about the Star Wars, it's a general flaw of the movie industry. They're selling three day old fish as the new fish soup. Woeful. Imagine what kind of trash they will revive in the next 20 years :rolleyes:

But they only called it a trilogy for the 3 movies ;)

The prequels and sequels were trilogies of their own ;)

Meanwhile it should be the ending of the Skywalker Saga

4 minutes ago, Agger said:

But they only called it a trilogy for the 3 movies ;)

The prequels and sequels were trilogies of their own ;)

Meanwhile it should be the ending of the Skywalker Saga

Not a chance IMO. The next generation will be fed the same trick. The Predator, Alien or Friday 13th sagas keep showing up years after years too just to name the obvious ones from the top of my head :roflmao: