website statistics

Equestrian 2023 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

@dcro Almost influenced a competition this morning during my bike ride, unsurprisingly in the Ermelo area (it really isn't that close to Ermelo in reality, it's the outskirts of the town of Uddel where things happen) :d 

I took a turn to go towards Staverden (smallest city in the Benelux, fun fact), saw a sign that traffic was being controlled a bit further up ahead and indeed, where the main road was crossed by a smaller road, and two guys with bright yellow bibs were keeping an eye on traffic there. Bike path was clear, so I had no reason to slow down, but suddenly saw a rider on a horse come up on the smaller road, with a bib (green bib, number 22), luckily I was just in time to stop (and receive a 'thank you' hand gesture from the guy) :p 

A little further up ahead, there was a sign pointing people towards the 'FEI Endurance EC 2023', which I have now learned - as I assumed - means the European Championships. On FEI's website I see competition starts tomorrow, but I absolutely did not imagine the horse crossing the road :lol: Any idea what's going on today and, just out of curiousity, who the #22 guy might have been? 

Spoiler

Yeah I know this small moment would not have influenced an apparently 160km race, but how could I cross an official FEI competition on public roads and not think about posting it here for you :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Bad news: got some flu or sth and i am on a sick leave until next Friday.

Even worse news: i will have more free time so i will probably produce some more spam here in the coming days.

Here's a sample of this:

One very amateurish question on eventing. Why the start lists for cross-country part are not a reversed order after dressage (individual ranking). I don't watch equestrian often but i think such a start list would be much more interesting. During olympics i always want to watch cross-country live but i never can do it because it takes too long and all the most important riders are put all over the start list. This way i could watch only the last part or sth and i would see all the most important moments live. I just don't get it what's the purpose of it - such a strange start list in cross-country. Even figure skating changed their rules about starting order in free programmes eventually so i don't lose hope that the same happens to eventing.

The same could happen in ind apparatus finals in gymnastics (reversed order with the quali results - like it is in the last event of AA)

Edited by rafalgorka