website statistics

Summer European Youth Olympic Festival 2023

Totallympics

• 6 months later...

48 young athletes (26 boys and 22 girls) will represent the country from under the Tatras in Maribor.

Exactly 10 are returning from last year´s EYOF including 2 medalsists, Silver medalist Lenka Gymerská (G 400m - Pic 1) and Bronze medalist Anna Šimková (G Pole Vault)

Spoiler

280722EYOF_gymnastika_2.jpg?itok=cYk6EDk

but the biggest medal hope of the delegation is Patrícia Tománková - PIC 2 (believe it or not, but current World Ranking leader in the -40kg Judo class in her age category) - do not ask me, I have no idea, how it is even possible

Spoiler

115A5639.jpeg?itok=4Xzx5Bmo

Will be hard - impossible - to repeat last year success with 2 Golds, 1 Silver and 3 Bronzes.

Especially the 2 Golds won last summer (both by our Tennis prospect Renáta Jamrichová in Singles and Mixed Doubles) is an amount which will hardly be achieved in the near future

:SVK Team Slovakia :SVK

Athletics

Boys:

Martin Varhaník (100 m)

Lukáš Rosenbaum (5000 m Race Walk)

Peter Dávid (110 m Hurdles, 200 m)

Filip Jančík (3000 m)

Samuel Krepop (400 m)

Alex Hulka (2000 m Steeplechase)

Peter Csikós (800 m)

Girls:

Lenka Gymerská (400 m, Relay)

Tamara Indrišková (5000 m race Walk)

Laura Frličková (100 m Hurdles, Relay)

Eliška Gašpárková (400 m Hurdles, Relay)

Romana Hrnčárová (100 m, 200 m, Relay)

Ema Vaňová (Heptathlon, Relay)

Anna Šimková (Pole Vault)

Ema Bendová (Long Jump, Relay)

Mountainbike Cycling

Boys:

Peter Šoltés (cross country)

Girls:

Vanesa Šatková (cross country)

Road Cycling

Boys:

Jakub Javor (Road Race, Time Trial)

Dominik Sochan (Road Race, Time Trial)

Jakub Mikuš (Road Race, Time Trial)

Girls:

Miriam Šichtová (Road Race, Time Trial)

Barbora Pavlisová (Road Race, Time Trial)

Tereza Ďuríková (Road Race, Time Trial)

Artistic Gymnastics

Boys:

Peter Kremnický (All-Around)

Sebastián Samson (All-Around)

Judo

Boys:

Roman Dekan (-60 kg)

Juraj Odkladal (-66 kg)

Matej Pecha (-90 kg)

Girls:

Patrícia Tománková (-40 kg)

Lili Kristína Križová (-44 kg)

Ella Markovicsová (-52 kg)

Nina Filkorová (-70 kg)

Swimming

Boys:

Richard Urban (1500 m FS, 4x100 m FS)

Tomáš Pavelka (1500 m FS)

Mário Minárik (100 m BR, 200 m IM, 4x100 m Med)

Jakub Stanko (100 m BR, 200 m BR)

Adam Černák (100 m Fly, 200 m Fly, 200 m BR, 4x100 m Med, 4x100 m Med Mixed)

Milan Vojtko (200 m IM, 400 m IM, 100 m BS, 4x100 m FS, 4x100 m FS Mixed, 4x100 m Med, 4x100 m Med Mixed)

Oliver Tomas (200 m FS, 100 m FS, 4x100 m FS, 4x100 m FS Mixed, 4x100 m Med)

Oliver Gray (100 m Fly, 200 m Fly, 4x100 m FS)

Girls:

Sára Orosz (400 m IM, 800 m FS, 200 m FS, 4x100 m FS, 4x100 m FS mixed)

Sophia Gray (100 m Fly, 200 m Fly, 4x100 m FS)

Stela Megelová (200 m BS, 200 m IM, 4x100 m FS, 4x100 m FS Mixed, 4x100 m Med Mixed)

Nadine Horňáková (100 m BS, 200 m BS, 100 m Fly, 4x100 m FS, 4x100 m Med Mixed)

Tennis

Boys:

Peter Zavacký (Singles, Doubles)

Šimon Dióssy (Singles, Doubles)

Girls:

Soňa Depešová (Singles, Doubles)

Mia Pohánková (Singles, Doubles)

Results system is available: https://eyof-maribor.com/en/schedule-and-results/

It’s the same one used for the 2019 African Games and 2023 GSSE, which doesn’t instill me with a lot of confidence. I think this is the lower end/basic model offered by Atos, at least that’s my assumption given how it’s been used in the past. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 7/17/2023 at 7:17 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Results system is available: https://eyof-maribor.com/en/schedule-and-results/

It’s the same one used for the 2019 African Games and 2023 GSSE, which doesn’t instill me with a lot of confidence. I think this is the lower end/basic model offered by Atos, at least that’s my assumption given how it’s been used in the past. 

At least it is a ‘working’ results system. They only forget to publish pdf-results or a complete resultbook. GSSE 2023 worked well during the event, but no results can be downloaded.

One should think that the results are part of the legacy of the Games at last years this information seems to getting worse or challeging to find (for example: South East Asian Games 2023, Pan American Junior Games 20121, ALBA Games 2023)

44 minutes ago, wamel042 said:

At least it is a ‘working’ results system. They only forget to publish pdf-results or a complete resultbook. GSSE 2023 worked well during the event, but no results can be downloaded.

The schedule wasn’t always accurate though. I’d show up to a venue to find the time/court/etc. had changed from what was advertised on the schedule. Accurate schedules are hugely important to journalists covering multiple sports like me. It’s also an easy to figure out the format of different events.

The lack of documented results was really annoying too. I think it was mostly an “in-house” operation though. I never saw anyone from Atos at the Games. Still, PDF results would have been nice.

50 minutes ago, wamel042 said:

One should think that the results are part of the legacy of the Games at last years this information seems to getting worse or challeging to find (for example: South East Asian Games 2023, Pan American Junior Games 20121, ALBA Games 2023)

I’m glad I’m not the only that’s noticed the downward trend in quality post-pandemic. I feel like the last cycle (Rio 2016-early 2020) was really good. Many events had proper result systems, with PDFs available. Some of the same issues existed: documents missing, inaccurate information, unwelcoming UI, etc. However, it didn’t feel as systemic problem as it does now. Hopefully, the next few events are better.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, wamel042 said:

The last time there was a decent results system at the Southeast Asian Games was in 2015. I’ll consider it a miracle if we get it when Thailand hosts the Games in 2025.

How the hell do we still have no start lists for tomorrow (swimming)? This has nothing to do with budget, it is just plain laziness. You have to get the impression that they are trying their best to not promote this event.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.