website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023

rybak

Finland was the only country to not give Sweden any televoting points. Yeah nice and fair country Finland is. :facepalm:

Btw grow up people Sweden won fair according the rules both 2015 and 2023. Only kids are crying about the rules when they don’t win :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Belle said:

Finland was the only country to not give Sweden any televoting points. Yeah nice and fair country Finland is. :facepalm:

Btw grow up people Sweden won fair according the rules both 2015 and 2023. Only kids are crying about the rules when they don’t win :rolleyes:

Yeah maybe but not a single televote gave Sweden 12 points. Must be really awful when whole Europe wants someone else but few jury members award you the win 😉

Don't understand why they don't do like they Did some years ago, presenting a combination of the jury and people votes per country. I like transparancy but Why make it so obvious if the winner gets less votes from the public.

13 minutes ago, Swewi said:

Don't understand why they don't do like they Did some years ago, presenting a combination of the jury and people votes per country. I like transparancy but Why make it so obvious if the winner gets less votes from the public.

Actually everything is much more simple. To calculate and validate all the combined votes used to take around additional 30min, so viewers would get disengaged watching random interval acts and show would run much longer (a.k.a. more expensive), hence why EBU decided to start announcing jury votes to get the ball rolling, while at the same time they are validating points from televoting.

The whole point is that it's a mix of televoting and jury, so I really don't get what exactly the problem is with Sweden winning in that regards (other than my own personal opinion of thinking the act simply is nothing special). If you win one but not the other, that's fine, the entire point is you are the best overall instead of either just the most popular or the most 'professional'...

If it's mostly televoting, we'll get complaints about acts scoring high just because of sympathy (hello Ukraine) or diaspora or something (hello Turkey) and 'we should have judges award points too' :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Vektor said:

First SF results

:FIN  177

:SWE  135

:ISR  127

:CZE  110

:MDA  109

:NOR  102

:SUI  97

:CRO  76

:POR  74

:SRB  37

---

:LAT  34

:IRL  10

:NED  7

:AZE  4

:MLT  3

Which unfortunate souls gave :NED 7 points?!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And also: televoting had Norway in third, which suggests televoting is not fantastic to have as the main deciding thing. I mean, I adore the song and before this week I really wanted to vote for Norway, but it was performed very disappointingly :( 

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Nothing spells caring like the Danish jury awarding 8 to Finland, 10 to Norway and 12 to Sweden. :cool:

You should be happy. It was a jury giving their top points to the 3 most popular songs ;)