website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2024

Totallympics

France only has itself to blame. She played very poorly throughout the group stage and was unable to beat eliminated Poland in the last match and take 1st place in the group. Playing like this in the group, France will have a problem in the knockout phase.

4 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep, but we did not qualify for the EURO from pot 5, instead from pot 2

Sometimes the rankings are false, e.g. Belgium was the leader for a long time, even though it didn't win anything. Slovakia still has a good squad, e.g. Lobotka and Skriniar. The question: are there young successors for these players? I hope that Slovakia will not cut money on football and invest only in hockey.

Edited by copravolley

7 minutes ago, copravolley said:

Sometimes the rankings are false, e.g. Belgium was the leader for a long time, even though it didn't win anything. Slovakia still has a good squad, e.g. Lobotka and Skriniar. The question: are there young successors for these players? I hope that Slovakia will not cut money on football and invest only in hockey.

False or not, the pot 5 before the qualifiers was fully deserved, we lost to Kazakhstan 2x also to Azerbaijan at home, 0-0 against Cyprus, 2-2 at home against Malta etc...  So in this regard what this team still managed to achieve by qualifying directly to this EURO and even made it there to Knock-Out round is definitely mention worthy.

Football will still have money, just like Hockey, both sports are the most popular by fan base and player base

13 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yep, but we did not qualify for the EURO from pot 5, instead from pot 2

You have two choices :ESP or :ENG 

I know whom I would choose :yes

But credit to :SVK , hopefully this will help local club football as well. 

5 minutes ago, hckošice said:

False or not, the pot 5 before the qualifiers was fully deserved, we lost to Kazakhstan 2x also to Azerbaijan at home, 0-0 against Cyprus, 2-2 at home against Malta etc...  So in this regard what this team still managed to achieve by qualifying directly to this EURO and even made it there to Knock-Out round is definitely mention worthy.

Football will still have money, just like Hockey, both sports are the most popular by fan base and player base

Slovakia and Slovenia in the 1/8 finals :) Btw, Slovakia has 5 million people and Slovenia 2.5, so there is nothing stopping sports in Slovakia from being as good as in Slovenia (Slovenia has good hockey, volleyball, basketball and decent football).