website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2022

:MLT  MALTA :MLT

WHO THE HECK IS REK?

BY RED ELECTRICK

Lyrics

We talk about it every Saturday night Don't get me wrong now but I think we completely mad It's getting harder you see Make way for fresh and clean love machine The shaky jerky uncontrollable wreck Who's REK? Who the heck is REK? AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away Got people laughing at the way he move The horny corny unpredictable motion train We do it all for fame Make way for fresh and clean love machine The shaky jerky uncontrollable wreck Who's REK? Who the heck is REK? AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away Do the robot Do the robot Do the robot Do the robot Oh-h it's gonna take you away Oh-h it's gona take you away and away and away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away AA-AA-AA It's gonna take you away

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

What have I missed? :d 

Venezuelan entry appeared in the opening post, but not in the thread itself. Presumably it was entered via PM (but could have been mailed in for all we know).

But apparently the rulebook was not violated with this. A nation can seemingly incognito itself through the whole contest (participate without making one post). :d

As for posting in the thread, it's a rule that we might wanna put on paper for the next Double Jubilee edition, though.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Well, it's not posted in the thread.

Was it send via a private message? :p

Yes, indeed, he sent me the song via a private message. He just asked me how to post song to thread and I'm still waiting if he do it :d 

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Venezuelan entry appeared in the opening post, but not in the thread itself. Presumably it was entered via PM (but could have been mailed in for all we know).

But apparently the rulebook was not violated with this. A nation can seemingly incognito itself through the whole contest (participate without making one post). :d

As for posting in the thread, it's a rule that we might wanna put on paper for the next Double Jubilee edition, though.

Ideally everyone would post their entry in the thread but since it was posted to the organiser then it’s not a huge issue. I’d be more concerned if someone posted the song on their behalf entirely.

8 minutes ago, Hipooo said:

So, that's a problem, isn't it, @OlympicIRL?

Yes, according to the rules the song should be released before December 31, 2017.

@ManuCHIL can you reconsider your entry? The song chosen was released in 2020? Can you post a replacement entry? Thank you :) 

16 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Ideally everyone would post their entry in the thread but since it was posted to the organiser then it’s not a huge issue. I’d be more concerned if someone posted the song on their behalf entirely.

True, but for the sake of transparency I think it's better to have entries posted in the thread itself. It's a standard practice anyways, which hasn't been interrupted for 18 full editions :d, so putting it in a rulebook would hardly be intrusive.

#banbestmen