website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

Patrick Chan alone won't be able to cost us a gold medal, at this point 2/3 events would have to underperform along with Russia overperforming. Of course anything can happen, but if it does I feel Canada is going to have a repeat of 2012 where winning gold will be almost impossible.

A much better day than last. Great to come away with 4 medals, I did not expect that to occur. A little disappointed in no gold in women's moguls, but our girls put on quite a show. 

Tomorrow will almost certainly be our first gold for Mikael Kingsbury, and the figure skating team event looks promising. Will be honest, a little nervous about the curling match against Norway, but I'll be up early watching live to see if we can push through to the finals. 

3 hours ago, james89 said:

On a different sport note altogether, what are Canada's chances in the women's slopestyle today. I know nothing of this event.

Hard to tell, especially with the 26 women final.

Not zero, but not nearly as good as on the men’s side. It wouldn’t be a shock if Canada got gold but it would be an upset.

7 hours ago, james89 said:

On a different sport note altogether, what are Canada's chances in the women's slopestyle today. I know nothing of this event.

There's enough talent to end up on the podium, and anything can happen in a sport like this.  With so many in the final and no qualifying, it'll be a wide open final.  Which is delayed now.  

5 hours ago, ofan said:

Will be honest, a little nervous about the curling match against Norway, but I'll be up early watching live to see if we can push through to the finals. 

Me too.  Lawes just missed an easy point (again).  3-2 Canada, but not really looking good.