website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2022 - 2023

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Rebecca Passler 10/10 so there is life for Italy behind the usual two...

Niece of an Italian great from the late 80s/early 90s according to the Brit comms who raced with him.

Edited by Grassmarket

11 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Rebecca Passler 10/10 so there is life for Italy behind the usual two...

I was laughed at when I said this a year or two ago, but give it three years and Italian women's team is going to be as big as Sweden. 

33 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Niece of an Italian great from the late 80s/early 90s according to the Brit comms who raced with him.

Yeah, Johann Passler won 3 World Cup races in his career and took bronze medal in 1988 OG individual.

34 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I was laughed at when I said this a year or two ago, but give it three years and Italian women's team is going to be as big as Sweden. 

Didn't you make pretty much the same prediction for their men's team some years ago? Personally i don't see it happening. They have promising juniors (but the same is true for Norway, France, Germany), but i don't think that they will ever have the skiing speed to match the Öberg sisters. I think the most promising juniors on the women's side are Kirkeeide and Grotian.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Sadly no podium for Germany, but great team performance even without Preuß. With Hettich winning the IBU Cup race today + Hinz hopefully coming back to her best and Braun/Grotian showing promise at IBU Cup level, Germany seems to have better depth than they had at any point during the past decade.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

11 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Didn't you make pretty much the same prediction for their men's team some years ago? Personally i don't see it happening. They have promising juniors (but the same is true for Norway, France, Germany), but i don't think that they will ever have the skiing speed to match the Öberg sisters. I think the most promising juniors on the women's side are Kirkeeide and Grotian.

Italian men will be doing great too, Italy really had very many successful junior years, now they need a couple more years to develop the youngsters in the World Cup. 

I stand by my statement still.