website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2022

Totallympics

USA won 2 golds and 1 silver last night. they have 3 in the final tonight and the last 3 also made it to the semifinal (will be held tonight)

only 1 out of 10 got eliminated before the semifinal :yikes: even Russia never dominated the freestyle competition like this. of course Russian wrestlers would beat some of the Americans but still that's an unbelievably good performance.

it wasn't a bad tournament for Iran so far. beside that Israel draw, only one of our guys lost before the SF, we have/had 8 in the semifinal but still no gold medal :( mostly because American wrestlers are too good to beat and our best chance at 125 threw it away himself.

Impressive day from the newest Slovak :p of the "Cáp gang" Tsakulov. Was presented like a big talent at Salkazanov´s level, but his first 2 years were not so great, Today he was pretty impressive. Obviously not many chances against Snyder I guess, but still a very nice "Olympic-event" medal, already 3rd for Slovakia lol.

4th medal in the Totallympics ParisWorld championship medal count :d

So far we had only the silver in Canoe Slalom M C1, and now 3 in Wrestling, so to say about how Wrestling is attacking top olympic sport position of the country in Paris (well, Hopefully ..if we qualify :p)

Edited by hckošice

Finally a gold medal thanks to Ghasempour :champion: who beat the giant Cox in the final. we are now 1-4 against team USA. and we will have another final vs USA tomorrow.

unlike Greco where lots of counties can win medals, looks like the gap is increasing in freestyle. without Russia (which is still #1) USA and Iran brought 17 wrestlers (out of 19) to the semifinal. and it seems only Japan can still compete (only in lighters weights) I was expecting more from India too but looks like they are not having a good tournament this year. even some powerhouses like TUR, AZE and GEO are not having a good tournament.

you might see lots of different counties in the medal table but almost all of them are Russian mercenaries

So at the end 2 silvers and 1 bronze from the Freestyle Olympics events :yes which is obviously amazing, still it was so sad and one really have to feel the pain to see Tajmuraz so disappointed despite winning silver (so unusual from SVK view :p) when he talked to our TV, man that sorrowful feeling was all over to feel in the air.

Such a humble guy, always polite, always friendly and willing to answer everyone and I really like how he keep improving his slovak every tournament, he speaks now really at native slovak level. He will be always considered as a transfer obviously, but I really like this guy and wish him only the best

I seriously hope he will make it to Paris and do something exceptional there for himself and for Slovakian wrestling and sport

that was a great week of wrestling, obviously something was missing without Russia but still

Mohammadian ruined the tournament by losing that bronze medal match :facepalm:8 medals could be a record for our freestyle team but he just ruined it. kind of funny that we were expecting gold from him, after failing miserably at the Olympics this is the 2nd time in a row. time to retire, give the spot to someone younger and better.

speaking of younger and better, Amouzad at the age of 20 was the pleasant surprise of this competition by winning our 2nd gold medal today. he dominated everybody on his way to the gold but almost got pinned twice :hairpull:

at the end of the day 2 gold, 3 silver and 2 bronze is a "good" result considering Russia's absence . also one of our best chances had to withdraw because of that Israel draw. :wall:

speaking of Olympic weights, we have good wrestlers in 5 of them, "capable" of winning the gold. but 57kg is still the weak link. we won a silver last year in Oslo but we knew that was a fluke and won't be repeated this time.

what a proud moment for Albania :champion:, after years of hard work on youth level etc, they finally managed to win their first ever gold medal in this sport. hard work always pays off :bowdown:

or you can always hire a Russian mercenary

Abakarov.jpg

Edited by MHSN

On 9/18/2022 at 8:27 PM, hckošice said:

So at the end 2 silvers and 1 bronze from the Freestyle Olympics events :yes which is obviously amazing, still it was so sad and one really have to feel the pain to see Tajmuraz so disappointed despite winning silver (so unusual from SVK view :p) when he talked to our TV, man that sorrowful feeling was all over to feel in the air.

Such a humble guy, always polite, always friendly and willing to answer everyone and I really like how he keep improving his slovak every tournament, he speaks now really at native slovak level. He will be always considered as a transfer obviously, but I really like this guy and wish him only the best

I seriously hope he will make it to Paris and do something exceptional there for himself and for Slovakian wrestling and sport

and it was indeed also the most successful WCh in history for SVK. The team returned today to the country and had a press conference in the center of the Military Club of Dukla Banská Bystrica, where they all are employed (obviously it is just a cosmetical thing, they never was nor will be actually soldiers or so... but if they will continue to bring such results and god please help, qualify for Paris, I bet their grade (consequently salary) will nicely increase :p)

The chief of the " Cáp gang " Erik Cáp, the head coach of the team and the man behind this whole project mentioned again the desire to succeed next year in the Paris 2024 Olympic qualification, all the preparation will be focused precisely on the fulfillment of this goal, he also said that it will be surely hard for a small mini-team like ours who has like 5 person behind the athletes to battle against well organized 30-40 members teams of powerhouses but hope we will have the force and luck to qualify and as many as possible :fingers:

The Cáp gang during the press conference after return from Belgrade WCh.

from right: Coach and Team "guru" Erik Cáp, Tajmuraz Salkazanov -74kg, Boris Makoev -86kg and Batyrbek Tsakulov -97kg

img-20220918-wa0002.jpg.webp