website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

15 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

How would that even be possible? I assume you would have to qualify for the open water specifically? I would say it’s more likely post Olympics that he could give it a try.

Anyone that competes in 800 or 1500m freestyle in pool can compete provided there's not already 2 from their NOC in the open water event.

26 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

How would that even be possible? I assume you would have to qualify for the open water specifically? I would say it’s more likely post Olympics that he could give it a try.

Anyone qualified at 800m or 1,500m can enter the marathon swimming event (up to national limits of 2) so he could swim it he wants to

Yeah would be very interesting if he did do it, you'd have to say he'd be very much an outsider given his lack of experience at competitive open water level but then its the Olympics and mad stuff happens. I'm making a bold prediction of two agonising 4th places in the pool followed by a sensational gold medal in the open water race

The full :IRL equestrian team has been named

EVENTING

Susie Berry with Wellfields Lincoln

Sarah Ennis with Action Lady M

Austin O’Connor with Colorado Blue

reserve

Aoife Clark with Sportsfield Freelance

SHOWJUMPING

Daniel Coyle with Legacy

Cian O’Connor with Maurice

Shane Sweetnam with James Kann Cruz 

reserve

Bertram Allen with Pacino Amiro 

DRESSAGE

Abi Lyle with Giraldo

So, where are we on Rhasidat's Olympic medal hopes after another PB tonight? Three from four for the medals out of Adeleke, Kaczmarek, Miller-Uibo and Paulino - or is there a bolter to come from somewhere that can run 49 flat? Would be concerned she might just get squeezed out by the other three but all to play for at this stage.