website statistics

Totallympics Suggestions and Problems Thread

Gianlu33

@Sindo Maybe it's my laptop again :d but "Latest Posts around Totallympics" seems to be 'stuck' on the side, when opening a thread it stays there, so that the space for the actual thread is suddenly a lot smaller, which is visually rather...distracting (kind of like that thing on Wikipedia that's all the time asking which letter size you want) :p

Is this just a mistake for which the solution is waiting a bit, or is it a setting that one can turn off in their personal settings or something? It wasn't there earlier today.

Spoiler

eFNY9kQ.png

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@Sindo Maybe it's my laptop again :d but "Latest Posts around Totallympics" seems to be 'stuck' on the side, when opening a thread it stays there, so that the space for the actual thread is suddenly a lot smaller, which is visually rather...distracting (kind of like that thing on Wikipedia that's all the time asking which letter size you want) :p

Is this just a mistake for which the solution is waiting a bit, or is it a setting that one can turn off in their personal settings or something? It wasn't there earlier today.

Reveal hidden contents

its not your laptop :). I confirm the same, "Latest Posts around Totallympics"  space has been expanded

3 minutes ago, George_D said:

its not your laptop :). I confirm the same, "Latest Posts around Totallympics"  space has been expanded

Oh oh, there goes some hope :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, this is a wanted behaviour on desktop. There was way too much width difference between PC/Tablet and PCs. This way both views look more similar one to each other. I will try to find a way to automatically hide the sidebar when there are tables which needs to be views with full width.

2 hours ago, Sindo said:

Yeah, this is a wanted behaviour on desktop. There was way too much width difference between PC/Tablet and PCs. This way both views look more similar one to each other. I will try to find a way to automatically hide the sidebar when there are tables which needs to be views with full width.

Alright, thanks for the answer. It does make for uncomfortable reading though, and it's - to say the least - annoying to see the content of all the posts on the side, even of threads you specifically don't want to read yet.

It gives for a sluggish feeling, it shows things one might not want to see and it makes the screen look way too full and unlogical, for lack of a better word. I honestly wonder how the designers of the software thought "yeah, that's a good idea". Of course I know it's not your fault, so I don't blame you, it's on the people who design the software we use, but like what seems to be a trend both in sports and in online design, yet another step downhill...

Used it on a tablet as well earlier today, but there I quickly gave up and waited for the issue to be gone (not knowing yet it was by design) :p 

Edit: sorry for sounding harsh by the way, didn't mean to take my frustration out on you of course, so definitely don't take it personal :p 

Edited by heywoodu

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Alright, thanks for the answer. It does make for uncomfortable reading though, and it's - to say the least - annoying to see the content of all the posts on the side, even of threads you specifically don't want to read yet.

It gives for a sluggish feeling, it shows things one might not want to see and it makes the screen look way too full and unlogical, for lack of a better word. I honestly wonder how the designers of the software thought "yeah, that's a good idea". Of course I know it's not your fault, so I don't blame you, it's on the people who design the software we use, but like what seems to be a trend both in sports and in online design, yet another step downhill...

Used it on a tablet as well earlier today, but there I quickly gave up and waited for the issue to be gone (not knowing yet it was by design) :p 

Edit: sorry for sounding harsh by the way, didn't mean to take my frustration out on you of course, so definitely don't take it personal :p 

You should not see this from mobile and tablet now, only on desktops.