website statistics

Islamic Solidarity Games 2021

Totallympics

:UZB wins the first para swimming gold medal.

They’re having to race under the “factoring/points” format, which means he won the race despite not winning it outright.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 8/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, so no replay then :( 

Hopefully I’ll be able to catch a few events live at some point.

You need to type some Turkish in it "İslami Dayanışma Oyunları canli" (ISG live)

I saw the swimming event on Youtube, but no timings and names whatsoever

4 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

You need to type some Turkish in it "İslami Dayanışma Oyunları canli" (ISG live)

I saw the swimming event on Youtube, but no timings and names whatsoever

This one has graphics on it…

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's really hard to follow this competition with worst ever website, :wall:the TV coverage is terrible as well.

I was watching 100m heats today and our guy Taftian run his heat by 9.88 !! at first I was laughing no way it can be correct, but it turned out the correct result :hyper: first Iranian ever beating 10 seconds mark but then we were informed that it won't be counted because of the wind. which was 5.1 m/s !! I wonder how much such windy situation can help?! would he still run under 10 seconds without wind's help ?

having Para-sports is a very bad idea, they can be demonstration events at best. we have only Turkish swimmers in some events in women's para-swimming. :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:BAR Obadele Thompson run 9.69 with +5.0 wind when WR was 9.85. I presume that the Iranian guy would run just a shade over 10 secs in legal wind.

that makes sense, his PB (which is also the NR) is 10.03. it was unbelievable breaking PB by 0.15 seconds in heats (where he didn't even push himself 100%) but that result alone made some people excited here, like "wow all of a sudden we have a world level 100m runner" :d  they will learn the truth when he runs the semifinal tomorrow :)

Just realized we are sending table tennis players. The last updates on fighting factions within the federation were not positive, they haven't found a way to settle the dispute and Indonesian NOC decided not to send any table tennis players for SEA Games 2021 (and other events) until the dispute is over.

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

It's really hard to follow this competition with worst ever website, :wall:the TV coverage is terrible as well.

I was watching 100m heats today and our guy Taftian run his heat by 9.88 !! at first I was laughing no way it can be correct, but it turned out the correct result :hyper: first Iranian ever beating 10 seconds mark but then we were informed that it won't be counted because of the wind. which was 5.1 m/s !! I wonder how much such windy situation can help?! would he still run under 10 seconds without wind's help ?

having Para-sports is a very bad idea, they can be demonstration events at best. we have only Turkish swimmers in some events in women's para-swimming. :facepalm:

no, 9.88 with 5.1 m/s favourable wind can't be "translated" in a sub-10 legally wind assisted time...

it's accepted by the scientists community that you need at least a 1 m/s wind to be effective, then a 2 m/s wind gives about 10/100 advantage to men and 12/100 to women...

so, a 5 m/s is about 25/100 advantage over the "neutral" performance...

we can say Taftian's run would have been slightly over 10 seconds dead with legal 2 m/s wind and between 10.12/10.15 with no wind at all...