website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

Just now, bestmen said:

According to the speaker   : much crowd tonight because they paid them one dinner + free ticket :lol:

I am glad for those spectators. For some of them it probably is the first meal in a long time. Some people said that giving the world championships to Qatar was good for developing this sport, but by that logic it would have made much more sense to give the world championships to big countries like Brazil, Vietnam, Turkey, Philippines, Indonesia, South Africa, Kenya or Ethiopia.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

I am glad for those spectators. For some of them it probably is the first meal in a long time. Some people said that giving the world championships to Qatar was good for developing this sport, but by that logic it would have made much more sense to give the world championships to big countries like Brazil, Vietnam, Turkey, Philippines, Indonesia, South Africa, Kenya or Ethiopia.

in france , they are thinking about the boycott of the WCup 2022  because of this bad edition of athletics

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Mondial-2022-deux-elus-appellent-les-bleus-a-ne-pas-aller-au-qatar/1065933

Edited by bestmen

Just now, LowerSaxony said:

Yeah, I Think it'll be pretty close between Warner, Kaul, Uibo and Shkurenov. Uibo is on fire today.

Yeah, Warner, Uibo and Shkurenov are all pretty even in the remaining events and tied (or pretty much tied) right now.  It'll be an interesting finish for sure.  

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

You are forgetting that the crowds for athletics in Rio were terrible.