website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #32 | What should the last poll be about?

What should the last poll be about?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should the last poll be about?

• Alpine Skiing
    • Biathlon
    • Cross-Country Skiing
    • Ice Hockey
    • Ski Jumping
    • Speed Skating
    • Any other Sport (feel free to make suggestions in the comments)
    • Anything else than purely sport results thing but still related to Beijing 2022 olympics (feel free to make suggestions in the comments)

Tomorrow I plan to make the last poll before the start of the Beijing games. Need some advice :-)))

I know I promised polls about men's and women's mass start races in biathlon, but I think these polls will be more interesting when we do them after all the other biathlon events are done and dusted.

@rafalgorka How about a poll about the performance of African NOCs at Beijing 2022?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

@rafalgorka How about a poll about the performance of African NOCs at Beijing 2022?

that could be fun!

btw, we have users from Egypt here, but Egypt will not participate. :EGY

I don't know if we have any users from 5 participating African nations:

:ERI :GHA :MAD :MAR :NGR

Something regarding the opening ceremony popped up in my head, but this would be better suited for the mixed zone, not Beijing 2022, because it's more of a general question:

"Who would lit the cauldron if your country would host the Summer/Winter Games?"

There are a very small number of countries that will ever host the Games, so it would be interesting to see what the users from less wealthy countries think, who are their most respected athletes who would lit the cauldron. 

18 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

@Vektor a very nice idea.

btw, do we have any leaks who will lit the cauldron in Beijing?

@Vic Liu any speculations?

No rumors at all, the whole ceremony thing is very low key under covid atmosphere. My personal guess, first Chinese WOG gold medalist Yang Yang (Short Track 2002) or first Chinese WOG medalist Ye Qiaobo (Speed Skating 1992).

4 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

No rumors at all, the whole ceremony thing is very low key under covid atmosphere. My personal guess, first Chinese WOG gold medalist Yang Yang (Short Track 2002) or first Chinese WOG medalist Ye Qiaobo (Speed Skating 1992).

Any chance for Lu Chen?

Ye has a... colorful past so I'll be surprised if they went with her.

#banbestmen

33 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any chance for Lu Chen?

Ye has a... colorful past so I'll be surprised if they went with her.

She is the pioneer of Chinese figure skating. She may pass the torch inside the stadium but not the level to lit the cauldron. When it comes to figure skating, it occurs to me that there actually is one big rumor. Wiki Chinese page already "announce" the persons to lit the cauldron. They are Yang Yang, An Xiangyi (junior figure skater) and another 4 ordinary students. @rafalgorka

https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/奧林匹克運動會主火炬點燃者列表