website statistics

Women's Basketball FIBA European Championship 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Well, I've been writing since the start that Serbia isn't top quality any more, there was a change in generations in the team and we probably will never have that kind of team again. So, making to the top 6 would be a success but at this point I think it's 50-50 chance. Yeah, we could beat GB but we aren't clear cut favorites there and after that we take the L vs Belgium for sure, so probably Italy for the top 6. And again I don't see us as favorites there. We blew it up vs Hungary even though we could lose by 4 and had an easy draw for SF. But we played horribly wrong that match. 

15 minutes ago, nenad said:

Well, I've been writing since the start that Serbia isn't top quality any more, there was a change in generations in the team and we probably will never have that kind of team again. So, making to the top 6 would be a success but at this point I think it's 50-50 chance. Yeah, we could beat GB but we aren't clear cut favorites there and after that we take the L vs Belgium for sure, so probably Italy for the top 6. And again I don't see us as favorites there. We blew it up vs Hungary even though we could lose by 4 and had an easy draw for SF. But we played horribly wrong that match. 

Really you think that against ITA it's 50-50? This sounds good for me. Italy is a team with good centers, with a discontinous star like Zandalasini, without playmaking. For me, Yvonne Anderson can kill to us. Actually, there would be a rising star in squad, Matilde Villa. But our coach seem doesn't tink so. 

Edited by Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo

27 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Really you think that against ITA it's 50-50? This sounds good for me. Italy is a team with good centers, with a discontinous star like Zandalasini, without playmaking. For me, Yvonne Anderson can kill to us. Actually, there would be a rising star in squad, Matilde Villa. But our coach seem doesn't tink so. 

I think that our chances are 50-50 for reaching top 6. So, I'm calculating that we need to win 2 games vs GB and one more. Didn't watch Italy much but watching our team I wouldn't consider us strong favorites against any team in the last 12. Yeah, probably we are slight favorites in both matches vs GB and Italy but it's more like 60-40 to me than let's say 80-20. Also, I think there's better chance of us losing any of those games than beating Belgium in QF. 

39 minutes ago, nenad said:

I think that our chances are 50-50 for reaching top 6. So, I'm calculating that we need to win 2 games vs GB and one more. Didn't watch Italy much but watching our team I wouldn't consider us strong favorites against any team in the last 12. Yeah, probably we are slight favorites in both matches vs GB and Italy but it's more like 60-40 to me than let's say 80-20. Also, I think there's better chance of us losing any of those games than beating Belgium in QF. 

You should be fine against us, all you need to do is have one really good quarter and you've won the game.  

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

You should be fine against us, all you need to do is have one really good quarter and you've won the game.  

It might not even need to be a quarter - sometimes just 4 minutes of play is enough for us to collapse :d

2 hours ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Czechia v Hungary for a place in the semi finals! Don't think many of us would have picked that as a likely quarterfinal line up when the competition started 

:CZE is more than capable of beating us based on how they played today. They have a very talented young team, I wouldn't be surprised at all if they make it to the OQT. 

43 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

all this becomes clearer, according to you which European nations are likely to go to Paris?

Based on how this Eurobasket is going, only :FRA  :ESP  :BEL seem like good bets. Depends a lot on how the OQTs will be drawn. Maybe it's possible that only 3 European teams will qualify.