website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Dmitry:

And two news about athletics.

Mutko asked IAAF to change decision at least for Isinbayeva, Shubenkov and Kuchina.

Stepanova asked IOC to change decision about her.

Especially Isinbaeva doesn't show any signs of understanding the problem there is in Russia. Also her opinion about Stepanova is absolutely disgusting. 

Hopefully IAAF does not change decision about her! 

Just now, T&Fwatch said:

Especially Isinbaeva doesn't show any signs of understanding the problem there is in Russia. Also her opinion about Stepanova is absolutely disgusting. 

I don't see them changing the decision. They banned them and that was upheld by CAS. Don't see why IOC not doing the same would make IAAF change their mind.

#banbestmen

42 minutes ago, T&Fwatch said:

I think first of all Isinbayeva is a perfect and clean athlete. And without her women's pole vault competition at the Olympics anyway won't be so perfect like with her. And this is the main thing. Her opinion about something and people's opinions about her are important. But opinions can not be the main thing if we speak about sport. So I hope she will start.

44 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't see them changing the decision. They banned them and that was upheld by CAS. Don't see why IOC not doing the same would make IAAF change their mind.

All is possible. IOC can allowed Stepanova if IAAF allowed Isinbayeva, Shubenkov and Kuchina for example. They are different organisations with different rules. But world of sport is not a space, they are talking each other a lot behind the scenes. But of course maybe it won't be.:)

2 hours ago, T&Fwatch said:

According to

Efimova will appeal at CAS and of course she will win.

I don't know why IOC wants to use a rule that already had been overturned by CAS.

Of course, but only because the IOC tried to implement the Osaka Rule again, any athlete could have appealed that restriction.

3 hours ago, phelps said:

it's quite obvious that you don't follow Fencing so carefully (and don't know it in its deepest aspects)...

foil and sabre are always subject to interpretation (and often they are really affected by bad refereeing - which sometimes is just corrupted refereeing)...

and moreover, there is a big geo-political mafia behind the Fencing refs...but until they do it according to mr. Usmanov's desires, nobody will go against the boss' will...

I've been following fencing since 1996, man (remember Badea-Trillini and Badea-Vezzali bouts in Atlanta?). I disagree with everything you said, but I don't wanna argue with you, so let's respect each other opinion, OK?

Edited by zob79

1 minute ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Of course, but only because the IOC tried to implement the Osaka Rule again, any athlete could have appealed that restriction.

However, if this appeal is successful the IOC will have effectively done nothing, so they may consider increasing the punishment to a ban