website statistics

Swimming at the Aquatics LEN European Championships 2018

Totallympics

vor 2 Stunden schrieb phelps:

great, great swim by Simona...

Ledecky is still untouchable, but the silver medal in Tokyo now is really a chance...

p.s. she swam with negative split...

meanwhile, Peaty!!!!! :yikes::yikes::yikes::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

he's a monster...he's not human!

What makes you think that she could win medals in the future? Titmus is 2 years younger and faster and the same is true for the chinese girls, in addition to that Kesely is 3 years younger and only 5 s slower.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dareza:

who is Shemberev??:yikes:

Russian guy, i think he won the 400 IM at the junior european championships a couple of years ago (if i remember correctly).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor einer Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

Germany wins the circus event :d 

You are only saying that because the Netherlands were completely hopeless ... This is a mixed relay, so its the best reflection of a nations strength in swimming, so the only logical conclusion is that Germany is currently the best european nation in swimming.

14 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

What makes you think that she could win medals in the future? Titmus is 2 years younger and faster and the same is true for the chinese girls, in addition to that Kesely is 3 years younger and only 5 s slower.

as if 5 seconds were nothing...:whistle:

the Chinese girls we all know that today are there and tomorrow they could be on the wada black list...

Titmus...for the Australian standards she's already on top of her game, meanwhile Quadarella, for the Italian standards, is still very young and improving fast (actually this was only her second global event and she improved her PB by 5 seconds...

only Kesely could be a real threat...but I think she's gonna be more of a new Risztov/Kapas than a new Hosszu...knowing the Hungarian system, she's already been pushed to her absolute limits in training...if she doesn't leave HUN for another Country (like Hosszu), she's gonna be totally burnt out by Tokyo...

and as I already wrote, I'm one of Simona's biggest fans...therefore I really hope she's gonna have a bright future, even more than people watching her races with a more "relaxed" approach...:lol:;)

Edited by phelps

20 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

Russian guy, i think he won the 400 IM at the junior european championships a couple of years ago (if i remember correctly).

actually he's from Ukraine and he's not so young to have competed at the junior Europeans that recently (he's already 25 years old)...

no idea about his junior record, but he represented Ukraine until 2015 (he missed out on the final in the 400 IM for them in London), then he switched to AZE...

tbh, I guess this late improvement after changing to that specific Nation is at least suspect (but don't be bothered by this last sentence...it's surely me...I just can't trust AZE anymore for anything)...:whistle:

Edited by phelps

hace 15 minutos, phelps said:

Titmus...for the Australian standards she's already on top of her game, meanwhile Quadarella, for the Italian standards, is still very young and improving fast (actually this was only her second global event and she improved her PB by 5 seconds...

Subscribe entirely to this :yesmediterranean athletes last longer at the top. Same with Belmonte.

9 minuti fa, LDOG ha scritto:

Subscribe entirely to this :yesmediterranean athletes last longer at the top. Same with Belmonte.

more in general, Latin girls (and partially also Latin men) become "real women" ("real men") later than girls from GBR/USA/AUS and Northern European Countries...

it's just a cultural question...unless life situations forces us otherwise, we normally spend more time with our original family before starting our own living project...and this reflects also on all the other activities, including a full physical and mental development...

there are many studies trying to explain that...without a single convincing theory, to be honest...:facepalm:

vor 33 Minuten schrieb phelps:

as if 5 seconds were nothing...:whistle:

the Chinese girls we all know that today are there and tomorrow they could be on the wada black list...

only Kesely could be a real threat...but I think she's gonna be more of a new Risztov/Kapas than a new Hosszu...knowing the Hungarian system, she's already been pushed to her absolute limits in training...if she doesn't leave HUN for another Country (like Hosszu), she's gonna be totally burnt out by Tokyo...

and as I already wrote, I'm one of Simona's biggest fans...therefore I really hope she's gonna have a bright future, even more than people watching her races with a more "relaxed" approach...:lol:;)

5 seconds are not nothing, but apparently thats exactly the time that Quadarella improved by in one year, so why should a girl who is 3 years younger not be able to do it? By your logic Ledecky for example should have stopped improving years ago, i dont see a reason why Kesely should already be at her limit, considering that she just destroyed her PB, the same is true for Titmus who absolutely destroyed her PBs this year. I understand that you want to believe it, but for me there is just no actual proof that those girls are at their limit already and i think it would be very weird if all those 16/17 yo girls would already be at their limit while 20 year old Quadarella still has a lot of potential. All those girls have more raw speed than Quadarella, so probably 1500 would be her best chance for a medal.