website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, Faramir said:

1) As I understand it, the limit of half the events in a sports applies only the same NOC, is it right? Example (not realistic): in Diving (8 events) I can choose all the 4 women's events with a Chinese winner, and 2 men's events with an American winner?

Yes that is the correct interpretation of the rule with your example. 

22 minutes ago, Faramir said:

2)"Predictors can only choose an athlete for one single individiual event and one single duo event or team event".

So if I pick two American relays in athletics or swimming (example: men's 4x400m and mixed 4x400m) and then one athlete participates in both, the choice is not valid?

That is correct. Let's say :USAQuincy Hall participates in both men's 4x400 and the mixed 4x400 relay. In that case only one of your choices would be valid. As far as remember the mixed 4x400 relay comes first of these two events and if that result ends with a USA win you will get points for that, but if you have selected US relay to also wins men's 4x400m, this result would not count.

5 hours ago, Henry_Leon said:

@Wumo

Need only a clarification about  can select up to 10 "captains" 

Is only write in design of swimming contest, is valid also for Athletics and the three miscellaneous?

Thanks.

It's also valid with up 10 captains for athletics and the three miscellaneaous. 

In the allstar game is Synchronized diving and individual diving considered the same sport? In other words, can I select 4 Chinese duos, as there are 8 events (2 men individual, 2 women individual, 2 men synchronized and 2 women synchronized)?

1 hour ago, Gujanator said:

In the allstar game is Synchronized diving and individual diving considered the same sport? In other words, can I select 4 Chinese duos, as there are 8 events (2 men individual, 2 women individual, 2 men synchronized and 2 women synchronized)?

Synchronized diving and individual diving are considered one sport. So in total 8 events. In the example you present with diving and chinese duos, you are able to pick 4 chinese duos for all synchronized events. You are also able to to pick 2 individual athletes for two individual events + 2 chinese duos for two synchronized events. 

A short message to users who participate in the bet contest and Paris All-Stars manager contest. 

If/when you notice changes to your posts, the reason is that I'm updating your answers with "correct" in the bet contest as the results come during the Olympics. I do the same in the manager contest where I will write "lost" or "win" as the events conclude and gold medallists are known. 

This was just a heads up, so you don't wonder about sudden changes in your posts. :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest Posts around Totallympics

• Absolutely horrendous last change from in women's 4x100 relay final. They had a big lead but the last runner went off waaay too fast
    • We defended ourselves here with 2 medals + assuming Furlani's start, there would probably be 3 of them, including 1 gold, but our performance for me is definitely a minus. A large Italian team went, and most of the competitors are out of shape and doing poorly. The result in the points classification will also be much weaker than in 2022. This is probably our first start at the youth and junior level in several years, where we did so poorly. I don't recognize most of our team and they shouldn't start here in such form. 
    • I wonder what she's planning? Mass starts? I'm afraid that if she wants to combine short track with long track in 2026, she'll be left with nothing. The worst thing is that she would have the best chance in the mixed relay in short track, and by not training with the rest of the team, she significantly reduces her chances of participating in this relay.
    • Ukraine won first ever medal in women's lead - and it's a silver for Kazbekova, who finally won a medal from EuCh
    • Also just noticed no  in the C1-5 team Sprint :    2x Defending world champs. Mistake? https://www.paralympic.org/en/paris-2024-paralympics/results/para-cycling-track/open-c1-5-750m-team-sprint/qual000100--
    • Why? Not, i really mean that. Pity they are not teaching obeying the rules their football players. It was...a pillow. Used only for medical reasons. Do i have to accept any situation? Did they care? Oh i won't about them. About pils, we have our own songs🙂. Hey doctor, can i get a pil for a pain of existing😉. Sorry, for me this is disgusting and not only for me. My girlfriend, not much into this, just in general. When she read about this...well...i won't citate her. So the freedom nowadays means that every shit can happen, harsh decisions, but harsh comments are forbidden? No, brazilians should take many pils before taking this call. And they had lots of time to withdraw it. Did they care? Why should i? C'mon, this is paralympics, being human would be nice. I won't change my view about this. Chily pily? For you this was chily pily? Retoric question. Maybe u tell it to Róża, we will see how tough you are. Should she get even more injured? This is the goal? Great! I can't find words for stupidity of this. That's it from me. You can have other opinions. I can have mine. 
    • Sorry ts just a bit odd particularly managing to get 4th in a four person race and more than one DNF.      At least tomorrow the team will surely win a gold with Hannah Cockcroft or Kare Adenegan if she has a mishap. 
    • We are 1/4 of the way there after 3 days, and many stonger events come later on
    • Heightened by the most ridiculous music.